Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Thank you so much everyone, we were lucky enough today to find his owner!!! I had posted a "FOUND" ad on CL before we finally got him to come to us but just found where the owner had posted a "LOST" ad yesterday. She's pretty excited to get him home and will be coming by soon to get him. She's been trying to figure out the skin thing and thinks it's a food allergy but we were going to bring the swollen gland to her attention in case she hadn't noticed or it's new. Going to refer her to a vet that's just outside of town so he can take a look at him if she wants to do that. He doesn't seem so itchy today but we put flea meds on him and washed him good so it may have helped.

I still think someone dumped him
sad.png
, he was so freaked out and she just lives on the other side of town, about 7 miles away.

Hey neighbors, I am going to post here about this in hopes that someone might be able & willing to help this guy. He was recently dumped on our road and has been petrified of everyone that's tried to catch him. Well, today we were able to get him to come to us and as soon as he could, he jumped into the car.

He looks to be some type of bully breed mix, maybe bull dog(not the little kind), Not fixed, he's all chocolate/liver with a small white patch on his chest. He has some kind of skin allergy going on but it's calmed down a lot since we gave him an oatmeal bath and good scrubbing. He's very affectionate, want to be right with you all the time, great with the baby & has obviously been around them before. He sniffs the cats then ignores them, is submissive with any other dogs he's been around so far but wants to play SO bad! He does have some separation anxiety when left outside or when he was left outside of the coop(have a video of that time!) he met the chickens and was slightly frightened of them but didn't act interested in them or bother them while off leash in the coop(supervised). He knows some basic commands and LOVES going in the car. he mouthed a toy but wasn't really into chewing it, just wanted to lay with it. That's about all I know about him so far.

I am not able to keep him or foster him because im currently caring for my grandmother who is going through cancer treatment and we also have a male dog aggressive dog at home. I e-mailed a rescue earlier today but they had no fosters available but asked if i could foster if they took care of vet & food expenses. If someones interested I can send you their direction for more questions.

Here's a few pictures,Coop video is available by text but i have another on my facebook(i will try to add here though). He's a VERY sweet dog,his previous owners probably just didnt understand what was wrong with him or didn't want to spend money on fixing the problem :(

Looking at his teeth he still looks like a baby.

If it's allergies, you could try giving him loratadine. My vetsaid that one wasokay for dogs.

Being that this thread moves so fast I came here in hopes of a quick response. Two of my hens were standing at the water pan and one was pecking the feathers off the chest of the other. The one being pecked did not move away went out to see what is going on and she is drinking a lot of water and seems to be bloated I also noticed some yellow scales on one of her legs/same foot. She will not leave the water pan....checked the coop and their was an egg mess as if a shell less egg was laid....earlier she was on the nest but did not lay....could she be bound? I will not be able to get hold of her to check her belly till they go in for the night. Thoughts please.

ATTENTION: You did see my post that we will have flush terlets SOON, right ?
Like maybe in a day or 2.....Enstein is on the job !!!!!
That means we can then have the Bar-Be-Que "House Warming"...which means you rock the flock sister !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif

Will cook, you play the tunes !

Glad to see you're getting closer to movin in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope everything else is good out your way!

Thought I'd share a cute photo of Blueberry and her chicks. It's her second time going broody this year, finally bought her feed store EEs when I couldn't break her. I think she likes them
love.gif
That is SOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys I dont mean to steal your thread but I could really use some advice :) cuz I'd like to move from Socal to Washington.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...e-bycers-quality-of-life-there-i-need-to-move
We're from So Cal Too. Reseda to Sylmar to Newhall to OLYMPIA WA. We've been here since Oct. 1999 and we love it!! I don't even like going back to visit it's to crowded. I do miss the beaches though.

We moved from Thousand Oaks to Olympia an Nov 2005 - and don't regret it too much, although we do miss the winter sun!

What area are you looking at?
Neighbors back in the day and now!!
highfive.gif

WOW!
ep.gif
Justbugged was right!! This thread has really sloooooowed down! Only 2 pages in 5 days! Miss the good old days of fun and lots of chattering! Sorry for you new peeps! We used to have 10 plus pages an hour! Lots of fun, lots of great info, lots of community togetherness!
I miss the old days too
sad.png

I have this Partridge Silkie pair for sale. If anyone interested please pm me. I have hatch from this pair I just want to go with black.
May be interested if you still have them.

Haven't added new photos to this part of the world in too long: the Barbu d'Anvers babies, not so babyish anymore. I'll probably only be keeping two- all the Porcelain or possibly Isobel Columbians are cockerels.

They sure are PRETTY!!

I have a Black Copper Marans pullet that is about 6 months old that is available $20. I am located in Carnation. She is related to my Roo so I am selling her.
You are farther away than I thought.

Hey neighbors, I am going to post here about this in hopes that someone might be able & willing to help this guy. He was recently dumped on our road and has been petrified of everyone that's tried to catch him. Well, today we were able to get him to come to us and as soon as he could, he jumped into the car.

He looks to be some type of bully breed mix, maybe bull dog(not the little kind), Not fixed, he's all chocolate/liver with a small white patch on his chest. He has some kind of skin allergy going on but it's calmed down a lot since we gave him an oatmeal bath and good scrubbing. He's very affectionate, want to be right with you all the time, great with the baby & has obviously been around them before. He sniffs the cats then ignores them, is submissive with any other dogs he's been around so far but wants to play SO bad! He does have some separation anxiety when left outside or when he was left outside of the coop(have a video of that time!) he met the chickens and was slightly frightened of them but didn't act interested in them or bother them while off leash in the coop(supervised). He knows some basic commands and LOVES going in the car. he mouthed a toy but wasn't really into chewing it, just wanted to lay with it. That's about all I know about him so far.

I am not able to keep him or foster him because im currently caring for my grandmother who is going through cancer treatment and we also have a male dog aggressive dog at home. I e-mailed a rescue earlier today but they had no fosters available but asked if i could foster if they took care of vet & food expenses. If someones interested I can send you their direction for more questions.

Here's a few pictures,Coop video is available by text but i have another on my facebook(i will try to add here though). He's a VERY sweet dog,his previous owners probably just didnt understand what was wrong with him or didn't want to spend money on fixing the problem :(

Looking at his teeth he still looks like a baby.

Thank you so much everyone, we were lucky enough today to find his owner!!! I had posted a "FOUND" ad on CL before we finally got him to come to us but just found where the owner had posted a "LOST" ad yesterday. She's pretty excited to get him home and will be coming by soon to get him. She's been trying to figure out the skin thing and thinks it's a food allergy but we were going to bring the swollen gland to her attention in case she hadn't noticed or it's new. Going to refer her to a vet that's just outside of town so he can take a look at him if she wants to do that. He doesn't seem so itchy today but we put flea meds on him and washed him good so it may have helped.

I still think someone dumped him
sad.png
, he was so freaked out and she just lives on the other side of town, about 7 miles away.
Glad you found the owner. He could have been dumped (less than) People have been stealing dogs and reselling them on Craigslist. Maybe her was stolen and not lost.

Being that this thread moves so fast I came here in hopes of a quick response. Two of my hens were standing at the water pan and one was pecking the feathers off the chest of the other. The one being pecked did not move away went out to see what is going on and she is drinking a lot of water and seems to be bloated I also noticed some yellow scales on one of her legs/same foot. She will not leave the water pan....checked the coop and their was an egg mess as if a shell less egg was laid....earlier she was on the nest but did not lay....could she be bound? I will not be able to get hold of her to check her belly till they go in for the night. Thoughts please.

Sorry bout the long multi quote but I haven't been around for a while and had to catch up. Sad to see just how slow we've become. I do go to the other place just do to ease with of access with my phone I sure do miss the Peeps here that don't do both. Things are as crazy as ever here, we don't slow down for much. We're up to nearly 50 birds but some need to go! Holly Guacamole that chicken math is relentless!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all is well for everybody and a Big Fat WELCOME to all the new peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello HNR - wish I had an answer for you. You might try the Natural Chicken Keeping thread or even the Fermented Feed for Meat Birds threads... There are some super knowlegeable OT's on those... and they are on a lot.
I'm having trouble with a Chocolate Orp Bantam... She appears healthy in every way except that sometimes she sits down to eat, or just sits randomly... like her legs aren't strong enough to hold her. She won't roost, either, had to clear out a nestbox so she can sleep where it was. Been keeping her away from all roos (thought was she'd been overbred by a LF Orp. ) Gave her some tuna carcass to pick at (she loved it) and plan on making her a yolk omelet today. Poor little mite. I was hoping she'd be a good companion for my half grown Orp bantam sport (black with cream bleeding)... but if she doesn't start acting like a chicken soon... I'll report what the yield is!

Back
Top Bottom