Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Quote:
I'm not totally sure yet but I'm thinking barred rock, buff Orpington, speckled Sussex, and maybe australorps
If you can get to the Chehalis show this weekend you can make some contacts there. Tony Albritton would be your best source for Barred Plymouth Rocks and Speckled Sussex. Kevin Noorlander is the one to talk to about Black Australorps. I'll PM you their info.

Would you say those are a good choice for the northwest? I want to find a bird that can do good in the cold but is also a high producing egg layer but also friendly and acceptant of people

Last edited:
Would you say those are a good choice for the northwest? I want to find a bird that can do good in the cold but is also a high producing egg layer but also friendly and acceptant of people

Unless you're way up in the mountains or something I don't think our climate has big enough extremes to affect breed choice. Any of those breeds are fine breeds if they appeal to you. I always encourage people to get what appeals to them, you'll be happier, stick with it longer, and do better.

Back
Top Bottom