Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hello from Monroe, WA. Looks like we have a pretty active group of Washingtonians here! I have 2 orpington's and 3 Rhode Island red's. I had 3 orpington's but lost one the other day to some respiratory problem. I'm hoping to add more to my flock. I'm thinking some ameraucanas and delawares.

Last edited:
Hello from another new Washingtonian! I live out on the Olympic Penninsula and have 2 cochins, an orpington, and an easter egger who will be 12 weeks old tomorrow. I'm glad to see so many other people from Washington with chickens, but those bear pictures from a few posts back are a little scary!

Hello from Monroe, WA. Looks like we have a pretty active group of Washingtonians here! I have 2 orpington's and 3 Rhode Island red's. I had 3 orpington's but lost one the other day to some respiratory problem. I'm hoping to add more to my flock. I'm thinking some ameraucanas and delawares.

Hello from another new Washingtonian! I live out on the Olympic Penninsula and have 2 cochins, an orpington, and an easter egger who will be 12 weeks old tomorrow. I'm glad to see so many other people from Washington with chickens, but those bear pictures from a few posts back are a little scary!

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

Welcome to you both! Glad you found us.

And Hello to any other new peeps I may have missed! I don't always keep up like I should.

My latest hatch is finished! I had 11 out of 13 eggs hatch, most of which came from the fridge (wasn't a planned hatch, raccoon got one of my best hens and I wanted to make sure her genetics survived). For those of you that responded regarding dealing with the raccoon before thank you! I got him! Being only a few hours old they seemed huge compared to my last hatch but those were shipped eggs. I am excited to see how these grow out.

I hope they are as friendly and as productive as the parents were when they grow up, most of the eggs came from the hen on my profile picture. Everyday that I come home from work she lands on my arm for pets then flies back to the flock. I am going to have to find new homes from the yellow chicks before we leave next week for vacation.

Congratulations on such a good hatch!

It was a busy week! Today I sold three of my pullets. I only wanted to sell two, but the family wanted the little brown one so I let her go with them. I also sold 10 dozen eggs this week. Next week a neighbor wants three of my hens. I have to decide who to let go - such a difficult decision.

Once I'm down 6 chickens I might have to go get more. LOL Chicken math!!!

It was a busy week! Today I sold three of my pullets.  I only wanted to sell two, but the family wanted the little brown one so I let her go with them.  I also sold 10 dozen eggs this week.  Next week a neighbor wants three of my hens.  I have to decide who to let go - such a difficult decision.  

Once I'm down 6 chickens I might have to go get more.  LOL  Chicken math!!!

By any chance do you breed speckled Sussex? Did you get yours from someone local by any chance?

Welcome! Glad to have you here

Last edited:
Howdy and welcome! I'm just south of Snohomish :) Love the town of Monroe and get up that way when I can. Sorry to hear about your Orp.

Hi and welcome! I know what you mean about the bear pics! I am almost glad I just have to deal with pesky coyotes and raccoons!

I'll be having to sell some pullets here in a few months. They should help offset the food bill nicely. Actually, I only need to sell 9 silkies a year and their food is paid for. Any after that help with the large fowl food.

Back
Top Bottom