Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hello from another new Washingtonian! I live out on the Olympic Penninsula and have 2 cochins, an orpington, and an easter egger who will be 12 weeks old tomorrow. I'm glad to see so many other people from Washington with chickens, but those bear pictures from a few posts back are a little scary!
welcome-byc.gif

I'm in Irondale! Are you around the Chimacum/Port Townsend area?

By any chance do you breed speckled Sussex? Did you get yours from someone local by any chance?
No, I only have one Sussex. We got her by accident at the feed store. Her eggs are so small that she would not be good to breed anyway. I know in the spring you can probably find them at the feed stores again. Our Sussex is very noisy, but friendly and cute at the same time. :)

I'm so mad!
somad.gif
I sold some day old chicks to a lady that I hatched myself and saw her yesterday. She told me some of those chicks are no good. When I asked her what she was talking about because I know they were all healthy when I gave them to her she said some died. I asked her why and she said one had poop stuck to its butt, some "just died" and the other ones drowned in the water dish. Out of 11 she killed off 7! She gave the rest to her neighbor THANK GOD! They were for her husband and he left town. She apparently thought the heat lamp would burn her garage down so she unplugged it and put a blanket in the brooder instead...
he.gif
All of the deaths were preventable!

I feel horrible that those poor chickies died because of someones stupidity!
hit.gif

I'm so mad!
somad.gif
I sold some day old chicks to a lady that I hatched myself and saw her yesterday. She told me some of those chicks are no good. When I asked her what she was talking about because I know they were all healthy when I gave them to her she said some died. I asked her why and she said one had poop stuck to its butt, some "just died" and the other ones drowned in the water dish. Out of 11 she killed off 7! She gave the rest to her neighbor THANK GOD! They were for her husband and he left town. She apparently thought the heat lamp would burn her garage down so she unplugged it and put a blanket in the brooder instead...
he.gif
All of the deaths were preventable!

I feel horrible that those poor chickies died because of someones stupidity!
hit.gif

That's just rotten! So sad it happened.

Back
Top Bottom