Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

frow.gif

I'm really feeling distraught! I ordered 10 chicks from MPC, one died on day 3 and I think THREE others are roosters!
1f629.png
. I don't mind keeping one of them. That leaves me with only 6 hens. I'm thinking next time I'll just order 25 from McMurrey (not straight run, still order females) and then I'll for sure wind up with 4 females and then just sell the rest. Then I'm thinking I should just buy 4 more pullets? I don't know if I can handle raising baby chicks, getting attached to them and then having to give some away. Just going through the pain of watching and wondering if they are Roos or not is killing me!!!
Thanks for listening to my Monday morning rant!

You are not the only one to get a bad experience from BYC. I ordered 2 cockerels and 5 pullets... Partridge Penedesenca's. When they came, one was all white, and one was a lighter buff. The white one definitely was not a Partridge color. The lighter buff pullet appeared to be possibly a Wheaton Penedesenca. Well... the darn pullet laid an olive green egg. She is now in a separate cage with my odd assortment of young roosters and unwanted hens. Penedesenca's lay dark brown eggs, not green. I never contacted them, however, I should have. It is too late now.

Back
Top Bottom