Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I have a situation...long story but some of you may enjoy.
1f60a.png
Last year around the end of April my Chocolate Orpington went broody. I kept pulling her out of the nesting box and taking all the eggs as soon as they were laid but she just wouldn't quit!! She was looking awful and I was getting worried about her so towards the end of JUNE I got some fertile bantam eggs from a friend of mine. She hatched out 3 of the 4 little guffs and was an excellent mother hen...appropriately enough her name is Big Mamma. The bantams are Silky/Serama crosses. As luck would have it two of them turned out to be roosters! Ugh. Well these two are fighting all the time and trying to breed my poor other 10 chickens all the time! Which is ridiculous because they only one they can even get real contact with is the little silky cross girl, my other chickens are too big. I've listed them for free on Craigslist but of course no one wants a rooster never mind a silky/serama cross rooster. I really don't want to do the killing deed.
1f629.png
I guess what this post officially was was a venting. Thanks for reading if you've made it this far!

huh? No stink? Eggs just dry up inside if you let them sit in a window?
I must be missing a step.
If I paint with nail polish, or wax seal it, will it cure the color?
What it will do is seal in the moisture & then they will get a bacteria infection & explode.

sickbyc.gif

You can wait until they are dry & then seal them..... or just wait til they are dry & paint them...it is more fun !

I have a situation...long story but some of you may enjoy.
1f60a.png
Last year around the end of April my Chocolate Orpington went broody. I kept pulling her out of the nesting box and taking all the eggs as soon as they were laid but she just wouldn't quit!! She was looking awful and I was getting worried about her so towards the end of JUNE I got some fertile bantam eggs from a friend of mine. She hatched out 3 of the 4 little guffs and was an excellent mother hen...appropriately enough her name is Big Mamma. The bantams are Silky/Serama crosses. As luck would have it two of them turned out to be roosters! Ugh. Well these two are fighting all the time and trying to breed my poor other 10 chickens all the time! Which is ridiculous because they only one they can even get real contact with is the little silky cross girl, my other chickens are too big. I've listed them for free on Craigslist but of course no one wants a rooster never mind a silky/serama cross rooster. I really don't want to do the killing deed.
1f629.png
I guess what this post officially was was a venting. Thanks for reading if you've made it this far!

I don't know where you are in Washington but maybe there is an auction nearby you can drop them off at?

i've never tried raw egg...
should i?
Orange Julius stores (in the 70s) used to make a shake with whipped fresh OJ and a raw egg that was (and still is) awesome.
But it is said that all the proteins in an egg are not complete unless you cook them...............then the humble egg is a complete protein, and tastes better too!

Back
Top Bottom