Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi all! I'm a chicken newbie from Washington state. We picked up our chicks on Saturday: 2 Easter eggers, 2 Cuckoo Marans, and 2 black Australorps. The kids are in love with the cute little fuzzies. :) We have been reading and learning all we can for the past few days, and I will probably continue to read more than post for a while, but I thought I'd stop by and introduce myself.
frow.gif
Hey there and glad you stop stop by
welcome-byc.gif
and the Washington Peeps thread
be careful as chicken math can attack at any time
yesss.gif

it is a great thing for young ones to learn animal husbandry early on little fuzzie's quickly
become chickens and eggs
woot.gif
Where about are you if I may ask I am in Mossyrock

Are guinea fowl just prone to randomly dying? I've lost two for seemingly no reason. All my other birds are healthy and happy but my guineas keep dropping like flies. Could it have to do with the unusually cold winter?

Hi all! I'm a chicken newbie from Washington state. We picked up our chicks on Saturday: 2 Easter eggers, 2 Cuckoo Marans, and 2 black Australorps. The kids are in love with the cute little fuzzies. :) We have been reading and learning all we can for the past few days, and I will probably continue to read more than post for a while, but I thought I'd stop by and introduce myself.
frow.gif

Welcome!!!
welcome-byc.gif

frow.gif
Howdy!!
welcome-byc.gif

Is the continuous monsoon today getting to anyone else?

Between a interview and all this rain, no work getting done on the coop&run.
tongue.gif

Hi all! I'm a chicken newbie from Washington state. We picked up our chicks on Saturday: 2 Easter eggers, 2 Cuckoo Marans, and 2 black Australorps. The kids are in love with the cute little fuzzies. :) We have been reading and learning all we can for the past few days, and I will probably continue to read more than post for a while, but I thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. :frow

Welcome to the group!

I'm Pretty happy with my two new barn yard mixes the buff Orpington crossed with Welsummer Roo with the heavy spotted egg and now the EE crossed with the Welsummer Roo a lightly spotted Olive egger awesome
what fun trying to find a few Marans like 2 hens 1 cockerel chicks but want to know they are 2 to 1

I'm Pretty happy with my two new barn yard mixes the buff Orpington crossed with Welsummer Roo with the heavy spotted egg and now the EE crossed with the Welsummer Roo a lightly spotted Olive egger awesome

What pretty eggs! That green is so bright. Makes me think of grass. And gardens. And Sping... Darn you! Seriously in need of some sunshine... oh, and pretty green eggs!
1f60a.png

Gorgeous eggs! I may have to get a Welsummer roo to cross with my Ameraucanas and Cream Legbars - I love that shade of green. My BCMarans roo will throw a darker olive. Unfortunately, I gave most of the crosses to my brother and the remaining one got killed by a hawk a month or two ago - just prior to laying :(

Back
Top Bottom