Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

As is always the case when I have a question I come to my Wa St peeps.

I want a rooster. Had one that snuck in with my batch a few years ago, but living in the city limits he had to go. Is there a crowless rooster I can get that does well in our climate?

They seem to have many but where are they ? raising two marans boys pick one then before hormones I will put it in him my Rooster to grow up

i worked as a vet tech for an avian and poultry vet years ago. the surgery is a castration or caponization. the testicle is sergically removed under anesthesia, the bird stops crowing for about 6 weeks, at which time they grow tge testicle completely back, and resume crowing again.

As is always the case when I have a question I come to my Wa St peeps.

I want a rooster. Had one that snuck in with my batch a few years ago, but living in the city limits he had to go. Is there a crowless rooster I can get that does well in our climate?

chicken roosters all crow once mature.

there are other kinds of poultry that can be kept with or near chickens (some need seperate pens) of which the males are quieter

1) male ducks are very quiet, females quack, but the male is very quiet. ducks can be kept with chickens
2) muscovy, these are even quieter than the mallard derived duck breeds
3) quail. Coturnix quail are quieter than chickens, although the males do have a sound that takes the place of a crow, its muck quieter, and sounds more like a bull frog, or a burbbling /trillibg sound.

some people keep pheasant, chuckar, turkeys, and find them less noisy

Back
Top Bottom