Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi Everyone!
I just was given the link to this Washingtonian thread :) I am located in Mount Vernon, WA and I just wanted to ask if anyone could direct me to a good place to advertise my 2-3 Month Old Male Pekin Duck's for sale?! I want to ensure they go to a good home so I was told to check out this thread :) Thanks again for reading and I hope everyone is enjoying the sunny weather we are having!

Do you have Facebook? Here is a good place. https://facebook.com/groups/380239405384808

This is called where I went dinner here meatloaf it is call Irish drunkin meatloaf wrapped in Bacon
005.jpg

We were out and about yesterday, so I made the corned beef and cabbage today. Very tasty. Love my pressure cooker. Speeds it up so very much. 1.5 hours is much better than 12 hours.

We bought 3 corn beef flats at Fred Meyer a week ago, and with Einstein in CA again with his dad so we'll have Corn Beef & Cabbage & spuds when he gets home this week end, plus he'll have Penny's home made bread & butter !

Interesting deal here: I have bought thick London Broils on sale for cheap...like $2.45 or $2.99 a #, then I corn them...takes about 4-5 days.
Tastes fantastic & so much leaner & cheaper...no shrinkage.
I'll look up the recipe & post it later.

Ok fork over the recipe ! :drool

Irish Drunkin Meatloaf
Ingredients:
1-2 lbs ground beef
1 1/1 cup of bacon
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
1- 14.5 oz cans of Guiness stout - put 1 cup aside for glaze
1 cup bread mixture maybe more
1/4 cup whole milk
1 cups rolled oats
2 eggs (beaten)
1 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup finely chopped carrots (I use matchstick carrots)
1 tbsp fresh parsley
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
S&P as needed (I use 3 tsp salt and 2 1/4 tsp pepper)
2 tbsp olive oil

sautee the carrots in the olive oil until onion is soft (carrots will finish cooking when loaf is baked) add the garlic and sauté another 2 minutes. Soften stuffing or bread used in milk add oats moisten all add in the Guiness - simmer until thickened then set aside to cool

in a very large bowl combine ground beef, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, drained stuffing cubes, rolled oats and the sauce from above. Use hands to mix all together.
Glaze:
combine the remaining 1 cup Guiness, brown sugar and honey - simmer until well blended. Put on back cold burner for now.
Once you have the shape you want, weave the bacon in a lattice pattern (over and under & crisscrossed) over the loaf. Trim long ends and then tuck the ends under the loaf to keep from pulling up from shrinkage when cooked. Once this is finished use a brush to heavily paint on some of the glaze

I bake meat loaf at 325 to 350 degrees. Every 30 minutes pour off grease from cookie sheet and reapply the glaze.
Once meatloaf is cooked through, remove from oven and turn the oven to broil. Again heavily glaze the meatloaf then put it under the broiler for a few minute to crisp the bacon. Remove from heat and let sit for at least 10 min...

Back
Top Bottom