Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I had them in the house for six weeks before I took them outside. Actually four weeks before I took them outside. And I brought in dirt from the yard so they would get used to the ground here. And then they were in a small enclosure inside the run. So I thought I did everything right for that but I guess not. Or maybe not anyway. If this one dies it is the second one from this batch. I got four blue laced red wine dots and one died the day I brought them home and now this one is not looking good. I won’t be going back to that feed store again. This is the only time I’ve gone there and it will be my last time. There are three or four places to get chicks in this town and all of them get them from different places. I’ve had very good luck until now with these four.

I have bought like 12 birds this year loosing them in different ways these were young small a few feathered out most not tried putting peep under the silky the same age as the hatch nope all dead others feathered in my other coop cats got them burying the hardware cloth deeper around it all of it we enlarged it and did not I have 4 sex link black growing up with the silky she will protect them and that is why their coop has a floor

Wow good for you the other will get caught in time your doing wonderful now key is give water food and litter box, talking with a calm voices no sharp moves have them where in about 2 weeks open the door of the crate sitting down let them come out eventually they will be buds

the one we call Bob took 2 months would sit in the shata for almost 2 hours a day talking to them and him he started coming out watching us but stayed by himself one day he got out was raining hard that night I sat out there calling his name he started crying told he had to trust me he actually came to me got in my lap and was my bud from then on

Call them my psycho trio they have gotten used to my voice but if I go in the room oh my lord the devil is after them and they know it going to net them one by one cut on wing on each then at least cannot fly out of my coops or kill themselves on the ceiling

Back
Top Bottom