Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Ya just the one I took was better halfs he had taken stuff out of it being here I needed a brooder after I cut the top it was not great for anything else

Cut this one pretty easy the lid was actually got a bit melted under a heat lamp before I quit using one
005.jpg

Hi fellow Washingtonians! My girls are 4-5 weeks old. Their brooder is currently in our garage with temps between 50-60 degrees. They have a MHP but only use it at night right now. I have a couple questions:

1. I'd love to let them experience the outdoors since our garage feels so dark and gloomy. Is it okay to bring them outside temporarily?
2. Would it be okay to move them out to the coop without a heat source in about 2-3 weeks given our weather (near Seattle)?

Thank you!

Hi fellow Washingtonians! My girls are 4-5 weeks old. Their brooder is currently in our garage with temps between 50-60 degrees. They have a MHP but only use it at night right now. I have a couple questions:

1. I'd love to let them experience the outdoors since our garage feels so dark and gloomy. Is it okay to bring them outside temporarily?
2. Would it be okay to move them out to the coop without a heat source in about 2-3 weeks given our weather (near Seattle)?

Thank you!
Welcome! When my girls were mostly feathered, I started taking them out for "playdates" in the grass until we finished up their coop. By 7-8 weeks, I would think they'd be pretty well feathered and ready to move out. But, I'm on the eastside, so no idea what your weather is really like.

Back
Top Bottom