Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hot as heck here. Doing indoor things so hot. stopped a few to. started vacuuming needed water to keep going.
Keep ourself hydrated
Oh yeah, I took a dip in the pool even though it was pretty chilled, then tried to dry off in the sun, but the smoke makes the sunshine not as strong. I'm very prone to heat provided headaches, so I try to stay inside when I can. :th

Moose sheds awfull being a Labrador but even worse in this heat .. We love the old boy but hard to keep up with the hair .. He gets around better in the heat than in cold weather like me he has a bit of arthritis

Ugh, just lost one of those young roosters to an unknown broad daylight predator. I found him near the fence, neck attacked and blood and feathers on the ground, but at least they weren't able to carry him away. No idea what it was, so I'm on full alert now. We had a full year and a half with no predator loss, I thought we were good. The drought and the fruit trees loaded with fruit have made things bad. A raccoon mom is hanging out in our trees (the only one who hates her more than me is my dog). She is a suspect, but my vote is arial predator. Hawks and eagles are all over, and this morning I saw an enormous pelican flush out of a pine tree. Surely not him, but it was still a shock.

The blue barnevelder roo was in a separate enclosure next to the main flock. Six in that group, three roosters and three hens all hatched late April. I was letting them range out just starting this week as they've outgrown their secure mobile coop. They were so happy, not even a rooster scrap. At least I didn't lose a hen, so he did his job. The big rooster had the main flock in a tight group under an apple tree and was crowing away. I wish he could tell me what it was.

Ugh, just lost one of those young roosters to an unknown broad daylight predator. I found him near the fence, neck attacked and blood and feathers on the ground, but at least they weren't able to carry him away. No idea what it was, so I'm on full alert now. We had a full year and a half with no predator loss, I thought we were good. The drought and the fruit trees loaded with fruit have made things bad. A raccoon mom is hanging out in our trees (the only one who hates her more than me is my dog). She is a suspect, but my vote is arial predator. Hawks and eagles are all over, and this morning I saw an enormous pelican flush out of a pine tree. Surely not him, but it was still a shock.

The blue barnevelder roo was in a separate enclosure next to the main flock. Six in that group, three roosters and three hens all hatched late April. I was letting them range out just starting this week as they've outgrown their secure mobile coop. They were so happy, not even a rooster scrap. At least I didn't lose a hen, so he did his job. The big rooster had the main flock in a tight group under an apple tree and was crowing away. I wish he could tell me what it was.
Wow, I've lost mine strangely in the past, they disappear with nothing but neatly stacked piles of feathers, dreadful it is. :(

Wow, your right, no one does his job better than a full grown rooster, my big boi Ezzy is the king, and he's very serious about his duty to his laidies.

Back
Top Bottom