Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

This was yesterday's spreadsheet... simpler meal than what I usually make but it still saved my bacon since the turkey prep took twice as long as expected so I had to see what could be delayed and still have everything ready at 6:30.

So before every big meal I do my best to plan out the time needed for everything, print it out, pin it on the fridge, and cross out as I go. I also pre-stage all the utensils, pots, serving bowls, dry goods, etc. that I need - ideally I should never have to walk into the pantry or open a drawer until food's ready to be served. Dishwasher gets filled as I go.

Note that my overachieving self includes Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve dinner spreadsheets as well. Yup I do it 3x in a 2 month span. :)

View attachment 3333055
Looks like a well oiled machine. So organized. Are you an engineer?

Looks like a well oiled machine. So organized. Are you an engineer?
Nah, I used to do a lot of data entry and accounting and such so I got in the habit of using spreadsheets for everything. :)

I used to just wing it for special meals and it always ended up a bit of a disorganized mess, with the meal being delayed up to an hour and unnecessary amounts of dishes and utensils being used. So for just a bit of set up it saves me a lot of headache later on.

Just finished eating dinner and did a full clean up as well (dishwasher is going as we speak). On the menu was turkey breast roulade, funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, and a modified gajar halwa (carrot pudding, in this case I left out the extra sugar so it was a side and not dessert). Hubby had seconds of everything so guess he was hungry. Dessert was a Twix cream cheese pie. I think I made enough for 9 or 10 people (in a household of 2) so we'll have leftovers through the weekend.

I use a spreadsheet to track my timing so everything hits the table at the same time, while also making sure I have time allotted for chickens and walking dogs. Probably my own gripe but I don't like room temperature Thanksgiving :) so I want all hot dishes to hit the table 10 minutes or less before serving time.

View attachment 3332541

View attachment 3332542
Looks like you out did yourself, what a wonderful supper!

Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving day! We did. We ate a bit early for us, about 3:30. It was nice to have all the dishes done so early. We didn't eat leftovers later, as we were quite satisfied from dinner, but did indulge in a bit of pumpkin pie.

I don't know why we make the whole spread for two people. lol Guess it's Thanksgiving. Why not? Loads of leftovers.
year round we often eat dinner anywhere between 2:30 and 4 We dont like to go to bed with a full tummy, if we get nibblie around 6 or 7 I sometimes make some pop corn

Back
Top Bottom