Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Wow! The green and yellow beans I cooked were incredible! I cooked them covered in a skillet with some olive oil for a while to soften them, then continued cooking with the lid off until the beans got some heavy browning. I flipped them over and browned the other side.

Then I mixed up a couple teaspoons of soy sauce with a big teaspoon of sugar and some black pepper, and drizzled it over the beans. Sweet and salty with a little bit of oil. Those beans tasted great! I'll take a picture next time I make them.
So much better eating veggies from our garden. Made a soup last night using my own potatoes, carrots and cauliflower. Pork chops supplied the savory. Much better with my own veggies.

Had to make 'em again because they were so good. The pictures tell the story of how they're made. IMG_2826.JPG IMG_2827.JPG IMG_2828.JPG IMG_2831.JPG IMG_2832.JPG

Those beans look rally good! I might have to try that if I have any beans left on the plants.
Green or yellow beans, olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar and black pepper is all it takes. Crisping up the beans in olive oil really brings out their flavor. I was kind of trying to emulate the beans that I've eaten at Chinese buffets.

But I think mine are better. LOL

I think they are fine to be with the big girls now. My chicks are raised in a part of the coop and opened up to the big girls at a very young age, maybe 5 or 6 weeks. I've not had a problem with it at all. For one thing the little ones are faster. lol But no one has chased them. It's a chicken world and there are chicks in chicken world.
mine - if there is no mother- mix in at 4 weeks,, the flock has never messed with them, they may give a scolding peck but never hurt them

Back
Top Bottom