Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Silkie pen waters had a fairly thin ice layer. Large fowl the water bowl was outside so needed stomped out. They have a bowl inside as well now. Everyone just got some fresh warm water.

I'll have to go stuff birds into houses again tonight. There are a few silkies who like to sleep on top of the houses. Going to be too cold for that again.

it was 18 yesterday morning and made it to 22 - I have 2 water jugs with 2 gal. in each, I swapped them out every 2 hours, same for my hummingbird feeder.
---
I got up at 2am today, I was cold 10 out,, I got the woodstoves going and made coffee,, I hope the flock did ok over night, I'll go out closer to 6 and bring them water and organic corn scratch. I think I will leave the door shut until the temp goes up , its suppose to get maybe to 23 but 2pm, we'll see how it goes,

Well I screwed up! I meant to put an incandescent light bulb inside the enclosure that covers the well head and didn't get it done. The above-ground pipes froze up last night, so the pump can't push water up out of the ground.

I have a small space heater in the enclosure now. Hopefully in a few hours I'll have running water in the house.

And it's starting to snow here. Supposed to get around 5 inches of the white stuff today.

Well I screwed up! I meant to put an incandescent light bulb inside the enclosure that covers the well head and didn't get it done. The above-ground pipes froze up last night, so the pump can't push water up out of the ground.

I have a small space heater in the enclosure now. Hopefully in a few hours I'll have running water in the house.

And it's starting to snow here. Supposed to get around 5 inches of the white stuff today.
Ruh-Roh
download.jpg

Back
Top Bottom