Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Awesome! I have one pullet that started laying. got 6 eggs from her so far. Are you planning on selling hatching eggs? I would be interested if you were. I have a brand new incubator...its kinna empty though...

WA4-Hpoultrymom wrote:SO EXCITED!!!!!!

Just went out to visit the birdies and found TWO eggs in my Blue & Black Orp's pen!!! These guys are only 24 weeks, I had read they can easily take up to 9 months so wasn't expecting any until May!!!!

Now if only my Lav Ameraucana pullet who is the same age would start laying...I'm expecting more greenish eggs than blue, but am still dying to see what color they will be!!!!

Awesome! I have one pullet that started laying. got 6 eggs from her so far. Are you planning on selling hatching eggs? I would be interested if you were. I have a brand new incubator...its kinna empty though...

Yes, as soon as I know they are fertile I'll have hatching eggs from them. Right now I have a black roo over two black pullets and the fluffiest blue pullet ever! I also have a Lav roo & girl, and I'm supposed to be getting another lav pullet this month. We'll be cracking these two eggs open to see if we can tell if they are fertile. If they are, we'll be putting some in our incubator as soon as the current hatch of BLRW's is over on the 25th.
smile.png

Last edited:
Hi Mike! Welcome back! Are you asking who has hatching eggs available, or who has some cooking? I have both! See breeds in my signature, although all of them aren't laying yet. What about you? What have you got going?

Quote:
Welcome back,
I've always got eggs hatching!
Just hatched out 19 Japanese quails (coturnix)
saving some of my eggs from my buff orp roo over white leghorn or RIR for hatching
and my sq java eggs should be here as soon as all the winter storms go away!

Currently I have
Black Copper Marans (Wade's)
Barnevelders
All being hatched @ the Monroe Farm and Feed in one of my GQF incubators with the clear door.
I thought that would be COOL for ALL the families to see.
Just on loan of course.

Maybe looking for some other colors to put in there as well as I have plenty of room.

Got a new dog, REDBONE COONHOUND.

Oh what else..............?

I havent seen a redbone since I left Georgia. Used to like hearing them in the swamp running. Blueticks also. The redbones as I remember were always friendly and had the deepest longest bay.

Quote:
Haven't seen you since I first began with Marans. Doubt you know me though
gig.gif

Well, my black bobcat escapee isn't doing so well today. She's been perched on the same spot since last night, and won't drink or eat, so I very gently have to dunk her head just to make her drink a small amount of water, and only occasionally, as she starts coughing after a while.

As for eggs - In the middle of hatching Ameraucana, Marans, and Olive Egger eggs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom