Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be easier to feed up and all especially here since it snows and rains so much. You can check your broody hen, feed the chicks, and the adults as well. Seems like agood setup for breeding to me. Maybe not so much just a backyard flock.

Quote:
You might try some turkey baby food too...easy to lick up and no chewing.
wink.png

hi guys

i can never catch up on all your posts....

currently i have a cold. i finally caught it after being in classes getting coughed on, it was inevitable.

my mom called me last night telling me sometime this weekend she is going to seattle to pick up a rescue cairn terrier. she doesn't know when yet. currently the dog is on vancouver island in canada.

i will message illia about this possible opportunity in case she doesn't see the post here.

it was starting to snow here this morning but i wasn't happy about it because the flakes were not falling... they were floating back up!!!! so it is not going to stick
sad.png

i have been busy with collage lately. had an exam monday for biology class. the professor is not good at lecturing so like right now in class i do not listen but study the text book and use the online site. i have realized something that doesn't make sense to me. how does one teach biology without believing in science itself? compared to 106 where the words natural selection and evolution were important concepts in every chapter. in this class 107 she avoids it. i don't want to offend anyone on here about wether evolution exists or not. but i am frustrated that i am spending alot of $$ on science classes and this professor is not willing to teach all the concepts about biology, especially an important one (to me). i feel like i am not getting my moneys worth out of this class, but i cannot drop it because i need the credits and do not want to risk getting behind on my target graduation date....

on another frustrating note i have a very hard time finding any information on internships for my major. this is an AG college yet there are hardly any postings.... i could work in ornamental gardens in other states or in the garden at the epicot center in disney world.... but i want real industry professional experience... that and my major has required internship credits.... so i am just frustrated because i have found about 3 so far in this state and they are not quite what i am looking for. i am not too thrilled about possibly working at a place that grows herbs for supplements.... i do not know anything about growing those..... even though my major is Tree Fruit and Vegetable Management.... and a specializing in viticulture and oenology....

sorry getting sick and not having people knowing anything and not really having a bunch of guidance is very frustrating to me because i do not want to screw up trying to do this on my own.....

Quote:
Your advisor doesn't have any guidance for you?? I would complain to someone "in charge" if they don't have some options for you...

Do they do teacher evaluations at the end of the semester? If they do, be sure to tell them how you feel about the course content. If they don't do evaluations, complain to the school.

Quote:

Quote:
i was just recently reassigned a new advisor, mine "retired" (budget cut). so i have a new one and introduced myself to him and asked him and he just pointed me to the same wsu site that is updated with random internships from across the US..... i spent 2 hours the other day trying to track down someone who knew anything and there is not much and some people didn't know where the department my major is under is at....

i am cranky. my BF in university of idaho is majoring in fish natural resources... their department is constantly sending out emails about internships and jobs... he is going to apply for grizzly research in montana..... where my ag departments do not send out information or have anything good. so i am a bit ticked off. business majors here at wsu have better opportunities and all that then the ag. students do.... i am just cranky that an ag college doesn't seem to have much priorities on its ag students....

i could apply for a job in my area and then apply for internship credits, but i was hoping for better than the default options i have in my area. college is supposed to be about opportunity right? and broadening horizions?

Quote:
Yeah we do, i am planning on not rating her good. it would be the first professor i haven't rated well.

i have india professors with strong accents but they present their material so well and thorough that it is easy to understand. in this biology class she is mostly audio with some written lecture material.... but the text book is better at everything than she is, the software it has online is one of the best tools i have found. its interactive.

in all my classes i have an audio recorder. and this is the one class i never listen to the recordings of for study because it is not very good. but for studying for last weeks exam in plant propagation it helped out alot to have the audio accompany the notes and reference too.

SO EXCITED!!!!!!

Just went out to visit the birdies and found TWO eggs in my Blue & Black Orp's pen!!! These guys are only 24 weeks, I had read they can easily take up to 9 months so wasn't expecting any until May!!!!

yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif

Now if only my Lav Ameraucana pullet who is the same age would start laying...I'm expecting more greenish eggs than blue, but am still dying to see what color they will be!!!!

Chicken Rustler
I've ben pretty good. Keeping busy. picked up three new girls last sunday to replace the two I lost over the weekend. A California White ( as you know my favorite) a Black sexlink and a Brown leghorn. They are 14 weeks old. so should start laying in the next month. Keri, kim and I are going up to Monroe feed on Friday the 18th to buy some chicks. I'm going to break down and buy TWO EE's
hu.gif

Going to have coffee with the Seattle group tonight
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom