Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Start at Brinsnea.com, and check Surehatch.com & Murray McMurray .com, Randall Burkey... and the best thing to do is google "Brinsnea" and watch what happens, but surf & check the models and then check the prices.
I have large cabinet GQFs..I have my little bator on loan to Rainwolf..and next trip will get them back but the little flying saucer- bators are cool too !

Quote:

The hard part, is telling her NO she cannot handle them, cuz wee babes will squeeze the little chickies until their eye balls pop out.
RFF::::::: Good to hear youe cougar will get to going!! And hope the baby goats are OK!

Teach her the one finger touch.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Tell her the touch can only be as big as the fingers on the chick.

Quote:
I know just how you feel! I get reminded all the time. But I am lucky that my oldest DS like the "oldies". He listens to alot of the stuff I used to listen to in the eighties, so it makes it easy to pick music we both like in the car. He has very eclectic taste in music. He likes anything from Rihanna to some pretty heavy metal, to classic rock. But I do hate to be reminded of how "old" I am, as he likes to do as much as he can. Funny thing is that I can remember almost like it was yesterday, what it was like being his age (almost 16). I am with you on the whole 80's apparel, except the skinny jeans or leggings with boot are ok with me. The shoulder pads can stay gone and the big hair too!
lau.gif

I think it is hilarioius that leg warmers are in style now. All the stores have them. It is crazy. And I agree with everyone....spandex is long gone and needs to stay that way.

Except for when you have a biker at home.
gig.gif

Quote:
Over the years and my many experiences....you just never see them. I was out riding a horse one day and the horse refused to any further up the trail. I thought the horse was just being a bit barn sour and being a brat....but somehow because of the way the horse was acting, then all of a sudden I got a weird "something is watching me" feeling, I went ahead and turned around. Later that week went back up this particular canyon. Horse went fine, but at a certain spot got a bit snorty. There were cat tracks. Still makes the hair on the back of my neck go up.

Same sorta thing happened to me several years ago, I was riding in a hay field in May, so the hay was pretty tall. Seasoned trail horse completely freaked out, dumped me in the field, and raced all the way back to her stall in a lather and shaking. Luckily there were others riding with me, because the fall ended in a broken shoulder. They found the cat tracks the next day. If I had been by myself, I would've likely been cougar bait.
hide.gif
They wouldn't tell me how close the tracks were to where this all happened...

that is scary. Good thing you had friends around.

Quote:
Okay, I did not mean to sound condescending. But I have heard so may people say things that were just so crazy off the wall (not on here necessarily). But a person that does not know anything about cougars may have thought that this might work cuz it is a "gun"....well, it works for the neighbor dog and the local cats (I have used it for both).....but for 100# cats it will not work.
gig.gif

I am glad you are not mad at me. I live in cougar country too and have many stories I could tell you. The house I grew up in...over in Twisp....had a colt killed up on the hill just behind the house. When the then owner went to look for the colt it walked around the corner and walked into the momma cat (face-to-face). She had kittens chewing on the horse. This was years ago. If anyone saw the cougar that used to hang in the Merc store over in Winthrop (years ago)....this was the cat.

I have walked into some of the upper inland lakes only to walk out and see cat tracks inside of my foot prints, following me up the trail.

A friend was out deer hunting....a buddy of his watched from across the valley as a cat was stalking him. Ended up having to shoot (not sure at the cat or just in the air) to chase the cat off his buddy's track.

Over in Twisp we always knew when there was a cat around the house because all the deer would disappear - as they would move out of the canyon to elsewhere. As soon as the cat had moved on....the deer came back.

I didn't think you were condescending at all. There are a lot of dumb people out there and that was a fair warning
smile.png

thank you.
hugs.gif

OK everyone, I am outta here and going to look at my hatching bator, with numerous W & BW and Blue Ameraucanas pipping & hatching...and more Cuckoo Marans, and more second generation olive eggers (bred back to a blue ameraucana Cock)

Illia, Nice looking bird in the phot, but what is with his limp wings ?

And..I am going to make a temp coop tomorrow for the BW Marans for Zgoatlady!!
Bye all!!
frow.gif

Quote:
I think it is hilarioius that leg warmers are in style now. All the stores have them. It is crazy. And I agree with everyone....spandex is long gone and needs to stay that way.

gig.gif

I am, and have always been, a biker, and I have never worn spandex.
We adorn ourselves with tattoos, and leather.
I think what you are talking about, is a cyclist.
As in BI-cycle, not biker.
wink.png

OK yall thats planning to go to MONROE...
I found some shirts at Michaels. The dark green doesn't contrast well with the dark ink, so you'll have to pick a lighter ink. I'm planning to use black ink to print.
Here are some of the choices.
77616_002.jpg

Lime green, Blue, Fuchia, Pink,
77616_001.jpg

Turquoise, Light Blue, Yellow & Coral.
There is also red.
The price is the same reguardless of size.
Here is the design.
77616_matthews_12th_birthday_048.jpg

T-Hi & I will be having a printing get together to print them.
Please do the cut & paste thing with your size & colour ASAP and I'll go get them before the sale is over saturday. Thanks.
QTY SIZE COLOUR SIGNATURE
1 M Yellow Blueducklings - Linda

Last edited:
Quote:
Ummmmm, I hate to break it to you....but a BB gun (which I have one and I use) would only piss of a cougar (mtn lion, etc). I could tell you too many cougar stories, from over the years. Some personal and some from a friend's experience. Take cougars serious....they arre not something you want to mess with.

There are some very high power air rifles that can do some serious damage.

True...and I have one. i also have a red rider BB gun. I just was nervous about the idea of someon thinkng they could take on a cougar with a basic BB gun. Our pellet gun is nearly worse than our .22.

Quote:
gig.gif

I am, and have always been, a biker, and I have never worn spandex.
We adorn ourselves with tattoos, and leather.
I think what you are talking about, is a cyclist.
As in BI-cycle, not biker.
wink.png

Yes. That be Bi-cyclist.
You ride a hog??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom