Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
..several in the area .. glad to see you here

Okay it's going to take me some time to catch up on all the posts. I spent the day clearing some space in the greenhouse, and getting the geraniums into the greenhouse. I really need a bigger gh. I also harvested the last of the garden for this year. I still have 3 or 4 red cabbages that need to be brought in. I will have to do something about them soon. DH is going to rototill the garden this week. He is going to have to do it between showers. We are going to till in the compost bin, and the chicken poop that has been collecting this year. I think I ended up with 13 pounds of white potatoes, and about 3 pounds of purple potatoes. The purple potatoes were volunteers from the year before. I don't think that I am very good at growing potatoes. I have a stock tank that has a drain spout, that I use to grow potatoes. I planted the potatoes near the bottom of the tank, and as they grew we kept adding potting soil. The tank was full by the end of the summer. I have tried this method several times, using different materials. For some reason it just doesn't seem to work that well.
th.gif

Quote:
That is the saddest part.
If I were you, I would make sure HE KNEW that you are now going to BUY more birds to replace those lost.
Dollars do stand up and get men's attentions more so than arguements.
Sometimes, anyways.
Works for me.
I have a few pullets here if you are looking for layers.

I wish that were the case. However all chicken expenses have come out of my own little stash.He's not footing the bill at all.

One of your Buckets is a little tempting, since I lost one... but I will probably hold out for some other breeds that interest me.
smile.png

Quote:
How long will she hang onto them for you?

Not sure on that one, she wasn't exact on that. I think she wants them gone sooner than later though.

Quote:
I have been cleaning my coop straw waste into the yard waste bin now for more than two years. I do know that the bin label states No Animal waste. I read that as no dog or cat waste. I figure that I am sharing some very excellent compost material to the Cedar Grove compost company. So far I haven't heard and complaints, but I also don't say very much about what I am doing.

I keep most of the poo that collects on the poop boards. It doesn't have as much straw in it. The straw decomposes to slowly for me. So I share with the yard waste. I now use 2 bins. They are collected every two weeks, and I always need to put both bins out for collection. I also put the finch waste in the bins, newspaper and all. I have a fairly good size flight cage with 12 finches in it.

Quote:
Best phones I have had is Nokia trac fone's They were cheap and held up good. I even dropped a new one and ran over withthe tractor (accident) and it still worked for over a year.
Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom