Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here is a pic of the rescued lil girly and my daughter..

So CUTE! Glad you rescued her. So sad for the others.

I do have a suggestion here though.........given Mom eats store chicken eggs and gets ill.................perphaps the antibiotics given to farm egg chickens is what is bothering your mom....and good she gets OFF of all commercial farm egg birds !!!!!!!!!!!

I had allergy testing and was surprised to learn I was allergic to eggs. Hmmmm. Wonder if the stuff they use for testing has traces of antibiotics in it. Maybe I could eat our home grown eggs???
fl.gif

Hooray! The babies got to go outside this evening! My son looked out the window and said "Mom! SUN! Can I go outside???" to which I replied "EVERYBODY, shoes on!!!"
lol.png
We took the chickens out of the coop and put them in the small run I rigged up for them, but then the wind accidentally knocked the "door" over and they all came out. Surprisingly they free-ranged for an hour and all stayed right by the coop within about 20'! It was such a great evening and I hope they got enough exercise and bugs/grass that they aren't so unhappy tomorrow.

FM - sorry you didn't find her yet, but glad you might have a lead!
Illia - thanks for the GF info, I'll have to try some different mixes as well to see if they're any better. We were LOVING the pizza crust (Bob's Red Mill) today at lunch; I slapped some jam on it and called it lunch
cool.png
The kids gobbled it all up though!

Sunbug4 - I'm infuriated that someone dropped a bunch of live kittens on the side of the road. I hope the same happens to them when they're old so they know what it's like!
old.gif

So CUTE! Glad you rescued her. So sad for the others.

I had allergy testing and was surprised to learn I was allergic to eggs. Hmmmm. Wonder if the stuff they use for testing has traces of antibiotics in it. Maybe I could eat our home grown eggs???
fl.gif

I would seriously consider switching feed to Scratch and Peck Naturally Free. There's no soy or corn, which could be what is getting into the eggs you are testing allergic to. Our kids are dairy/soy/gluten intolerant and we are going to be using Scratch and Peck starting as soon as the 10lbs of feed I have left is gone. The babies are 8 weeks old today!!!!! I have a single 11lb feeder almost full of their medicated chick starter left, then we get to make the switch! I'm super excited since I already know they love the new feed, I've been giving them a little every day to get them used to whole grains before inundating their systems with it.

Oh, VF ..... you are in trouble now. the coops that you are gonna have to build. Hopefully nothing like you had to do here though. LOL. I hope to do some finishing on it this weekend.

I know! 4 more jobs!! One of them looks like I could most likely build it here and deliver. It's almost - copy that coop your sex-link's are in, the ones who helped me out on the lader. I think I can build that in pieces that can be assembled on site.

I'm mostly looking forward to the dynamite part :)

Quote: Sun: I am so glad you stopped and got the box. Poor baby. I used to help with the local cat rescue. At one time I had 11 bottle babies...multiple litters and ages. I have not helped now for a couple of years...kind of miss it in a warped sort of way. I am glad you found the baby and it is okay - I hate people.

Oh and Itsren: No, this was not an accident. other than maybe it was an accident and fell out of a car/truck....and they were actually going to throw it in the river. It happens so much around here it would make you sick. I have had kittens brought to me - that had been found along the road, in a ditch, on a doorstep...some still had their umbilical cord. It is enough to make you sick. I hate it.
Ya its horrible here, people are always dumping kittens and puppies. And a lot end up in the river. It is beyond sickening! LOL I can understand missing helping the babies.

On a Happy Note!!! I have named the lil girly.. I have decided on Luna... It was Luna or Gypsy.. I settled on Luna.. She is a snuggler.. and super Mouthy! Ha Ha!

I know! 4 more jobs!! One of them looks like I could most likely build it here and deliver. It's almost - copy that coop your sex-link's are in, the ones who helped me out on the lader. I think I can build that in pieces that can be assembled on site.

I'm mostly looking forward to the dynamite part :)

NO dynamite!!
yuckyuck.gif

She is pretty. But I need a better picture of her head. Or make the picture bigger. Although you would think that by a year old it would have either crowed or laid and egg.
Thank you my hubby bought her from a breeder in the Seattle area! She hasn't crowed but she doesn't mind telling us what is on her mind! She has been hanging out in the coop but I keep looking for a chocolate colored egg! Hubby is dying to see an egg from her! I will try to get a better pic tomorrow with better light. Thank you I'm feeling a little lost in all of this!

Ya its horrible here, people are always dumping kittens and puppies. And a lot end up in the river. It is beyond sickening! LOL I can understand missing helping the babies.

On a Happy Note!!! I have named the lil girly.. I have decided on Luna... It was Luna or Gypsy.. I settled on Luna.. She is a snuggler.. and super Mouthy! Ha Ha!

I love it! The name and the mouthy part!

Here is a pic of the rescued lil girly and my daughter.. My dog Daisy has already claimed the kitten, Daisy is border collie and aussie shepard and she wont let our mastador near her. LOL! She licked the baby soo much i had to take her away so I could dry her off she was getting soo cold. Ha Ha! Silly dog.. Now the name game begins.. lol
Do not name her lucky. I was in the vet field for awhile and we saw a lot of luckys come through that ended up not being very lucky.

Does she have a white mustache?

Oops didn't see your post. I like the name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom