Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried a watering system like this (hanging bucket with nipples on bottom)? http://www.amazon.com/Gallon-Chicke...49406630&sr=8-9&keywords=poultry+water+nipple

The price seems pretty reasonable, although I know it'd be cheaper to make one myself. However time seems to be the thing I am shortest on nowadays! I like the idea of just putting a submersible heater in it during the winter. Looks easy to clean and refill.

Jennifer
I have one that I made that I'm not using if you want to try it? It is smaller, maybe 1 1/2 quarts with two nipples. . are you going to third place books? I can bring it then.

Search for splayed-leg -- you are going to want to treat this, and in a hurry or it becomes permanent.

Thanks! I'll do a lot of reading today. The first site I looked at (about spraddle leg/splay leg) shows a chick with both legs stuck out. Mine puts all of its weight on one and holds the other out. I've seen it use the gimp leg, but it doesn't work right. Does mine have the same thing? I'll keep reading....

Jennifer

I have one that I made that I'm not using if you want to try it? It is smaller, maybe 1 1/2 quarts with two nipples. . are you going to third place books? I can bring it then.

Thank you for the offer! I am going to be there today. But I think my birds are probably too young to try it right now. I'd love to see it, though, if you don't mind bringing it.

Where are we meeting inside the store again?

Jennifer

I have something very similar that didn't work for us. You can have it if you'd like.
Thank you for the offer! That's very kind. (Gah, I've been watching too much PBS Kids.... lol) I've already ordered nipples, so I'm fine making my own. Maybe someone else needs one?

Jennifer

Thank you for the offer! I am going to be there today. But I think my birds are probably too young to try it right now. I'd love to see it, though, if you don't mind bringing it.

Where are we meeting inside the store again?

Jennifer
last time we met in the eating area.

Like I posted earlier there really is no right or wrong. It's a matter of what works "best" for each of us. And also as I posted earlier the books are really little more than A BASIC GUIDE because the chickens live from a totally different set of books of which none of us will ever be allowed to see.

goodpost.gif

Well, here is my first chick, Gimp:

Gimp doesn't like to walk on one leg, and I can't tell exactly what's wrong with it. It's usable, but obviously has some problem with functionality and is held out to the side when standing. But he/she drinks water, eats chick starter, and shoves the week old chicks aside to go wherever it wants. I hope little Gimp grows up into a healthy hen. If so, she's got a spot in my flock as long as she lives.

I'm not going to post any more about the hatch. It's still going, but I'm just tired of stirring up trouble.

Jennifer

Oh my goodness!!!! So stinkin cute!! Stop it now!! You are making me wanna hatch my own babies too! Lol.
I hope little Gimp sticks around here b/c I love the pics!! Keep em comin!
Oh and IMHO, I do not think you stirred anything up, like many of us, your here to learn and in order to learn, you have to ask questions. Keep it up girl, your obviously doing just fine!!
wink.png

yuckyuck.gif
I read somewhere that if you gather all your dog doodies, and fling them around, it scares off predators...flung dung !

lau.gif
Flung dung!! Hehehehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom