Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Ooo Ooo Ooo - Give her my name and she can be my neighbor. If she likes to feritlize and send gifts that is.......

Me too Me too so she can neighbor BOTH my farms.
Dang nice weather lately has caused me to spend time in the shed making iron art and cutting into my farmville time.
hit.gif

I didn't know you did art. Is it heated metal type art, or what?

Weave yes I do all kinds of welding and metal work. If you have ever seen the WSP bomb transport/disposal trailers on the news. I built all three of those at my last employer. I do a lot of work with horse shoes and the forge. I also make anvils out of railroad track and a few other things that I won't disclose right now. If yer lucky I may have some things with me at the party.

Quote:
I would love to see them....

But more importantly, will you teach me to weld this summer. I wanted to learn that when I was in art school, but couldn't work it in. It fits in so well with my interest in sculpture.

You and Diane and I can fish in the morning and weld at night.

I want to report----

a) I had a sebastopol that I decided to allow to hatch eggs abandon nest on day 17 (very cold)
b) all eggs but three turned out to be rotten, but were quitters and not infertile (probably due to abandonment)
c) despite this, I hatched a MIRACLE GOSLING over the weekend. a female sebastopol that is doing WONDERFUL
d) I have hatched 17 silkie chicks, four of which were my own, one of which was dead shortly after hatch due to an open skull (incomplete skin closure)

In other words.... Happy Happy, joy JOY!

Not too darn bad, considering the shipped eggs were scrambled with AWFUL scrambled air cells and one of the chicks pipped on the bottom of the egg while in the rack.

If you ever need to order silkies, Calesta Rieth (hobo silkies) is recommended. Also *very* highly recommend AmyJo Piehl.

Woot! It's been a hatching weekend and I'm quite glad. I sold a couple culls over the weekend (older chicks) and an extra Buff American gander. Things are laying, things are hatching, and I got in an order of lillies from 'BuggyCrazy' which amounted to about $1.20 per bulb for lillies which were, on average, about the size of my fist (she called them 'small'). I am one happy chica.

I have one last chick drying in my incubator, and my next batch of silkies wasn't set until the 17th. I feel good.

Wish I could make it to the other side of the mountains soon as I definitely have some excellent stuff for sale/trade.

Congrats on the first egg Donna. Do you know what breed laid it? I've seen breeding action with the runners, the sebbies, the Exhibition Toulouse, and (of course) the silkies.

I hope to be exhibiting some stuff I hatched/raised myself by fall. I'm debating if I should show some of my geese in Spring, problem is, breeding season. Don't want to interrupt.

Anyone else have Spring Fever? I've got it bad, I'm in the mood for summer (and agastache, russian sage, and veggies). Oh spring, where art thou?

Weave sounds good to me you bring the bic lighter I'll get the spinners.
gig.gif

Depends what process and type of metal ya wanna weld. I only have machines for wirefeed, stick and Oxy/ Acetelyne. All for steel.

Quote:
I used to do that kind of fishing at the Thriftway in Renton (south end). There was a guy there named Ron who would get me some great fish. He always had something different for me to try. Once he had moon fish. I used to love to fish there. But I really enjoy the time that it takes to do the other kind. So relaxing.

Quote:
Sorry you were sick.

I live just off 116 on 163rd. Only a few blocks from the PO.

Russ

Weave,
Russ, I used the food chopper to break up the eggshells into a fine powder so I can feed them back to the girls..... Worked great! Thanks again.

Glad it getting used, and works well.

Russ​

Last edited:
Quote:
Don't know much about it I am afraid. My dad did some, but I am very much a novice. You pick an easy start for me. I am motivated to pick it up, so I likely will fairly quickly.

Don't forget to get some fresh bay shrimp for our lazy trout fishing after we reel in some really nice bass.

Alrighty - now this is more like it! I have had my evening of smiling and chuckling at my computer.
big_smile.png
Tonight I will be dreaming of mobs of delinquent chickens roaming the streets of Hoquiam drinking 40 oz's, holding up 7-11's and running an illicit underground egg cartel. Councilmembers better be lookin' over their shoulders - this flock wants revenge!

Quote:
I used to do that kind of fishing at the Thriftway in Renton (south end). There was a guy there named Ron who would get me some great fish. He always had something different for me to try. Once he had moon fish. I used to love to fish there. But I really enjoy the time that it takes to do the other kind. So relaxing.

Sorry to say the Thriftway went away. Now there is an Uwajimaya there. I haven't been, but here good things about it.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom