Well kind of. Eight regular eggs
D.gif
and one Rubber one (again)
barnie.gif

Don't know what I'm going to do with that girl
he.gif
Shes TOO skinny to BBQ
hu.gif

KIM Well I had been cuttin ya some slack cause the little grey man from the retirement center told me you were getting ready to go out of town. BUT since ya are still here....... can I use one of the pics jeff took for my avatar. PLEASE.

Today I caught one of the FBCM that I got from Weave in a nest box trying to make it to suit her. So maybe it wont be long we will have some hershey kisses.

AND finally
welcome-byc.gif
to my new close neighbor in Chehalis.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh please! I would love to see it! . . . And let's hope it doesn't freeze then.
wink.png

About Marans and Gig Harbor - Are you city people THAT spoiled? I have to drive for nearly 4 hours to pick up my Marans and I don't have any shorter of a choice. . .
roll.png
Anyway, I know two people around there. One is Lyn, who has nice birds and eggs, and another (around Seabeck actually) is Cree Farms. Definitely worth the long drive. They've been breeding and showing for a long time (stopped recently though) and have reaaally nice eggs. Never got to see their birds, but their website has a couple. Their Ameraucanas are drooling-gorgeous though. The eggs I don't know of - Saw a photo and they looked pale blue. But it was a bad photo. Guess I have 4 more months to find out.
smile.png

I have an ameraucana from Cree Farm. She is gorgeous! Her eggs are VERY pale blue. I was hoping they would darken a little, but sadly I don't think they will. But that's ok, at least she isn't feeloading anymore. Now all 5 are laying and I got 5 eggs today! Yay!
wee.gif

Is it atleast blue enough to tell the difference between a white egg? Because I'd be happy if it atleast could be called a blue egg by a customer who has never seen a blue egg before.
wink.png
Otherwise they'll just be used as "other shades" of blue in the carton. . .

Can't wait to get some true Araucanas!!

Imp - yes, do post pictures when it's in full bloom! I was just thinking about planting some peach trees this year or next. I didn't know how well they would do though. Now I have some hope, thank you!

More new peeps in the thread!
welcome-byc.gif

Sorry I can't help you all with chickens, I don't touch those things... DUCKS RULE!

Quote:
Welcome En Plien!

Kalama.....FABULOUS little town. 8 miles down the road from me. We'll be neighbors....sorta!

big_smile.png

Quote:
Howdy! I am at the other end of Bothell near Mill Creek. You are welcome to have some of my eggs. They would not be purebred anything, but they are free and local. Our silkie sat on two eggs this winter and one hatched. She is a really pretty black austrolorp/splash cochin cross. She has lots of fluffiness in shades of dark slate (blue). Eagle (who is a great guy!) is in Snohomish and has excellent quality purebred hatching eggs.

So I have procrastinate mightly and now have about 3 weeks to come up with some new chicken living quarters. I bought a very cute little run down shed that I thought I could fit throught the fence. After going through transport it is looking much worse. Now I think I should take it apart and rebuild.
sad.png
But, if I am going to do all that, I might as well just build one. I am growing weary of having to build things every year so am thinking of hiring someone to build it.

So, any local carpenters here? Any referrals? I could probably get a foundation done by 3/15 so I am looking for someone by then.

Quote:
I have EExPolish - They lay colored eggs and have tophats, but since I don't have a polish roo . . . No purebreds for sale. Just my 4 girls. I can't wait until that changes though!

Down the road the EExPolish will be crossed back to Polish again to null out the EE looks and get a true colored egg laying tophat.
smile.png

Oh, and I live a LONG way from you. . .
hide.gif
But in reality I consider you "close" to me compared to the rest of these members,
gig.gif
I think the closest is Weaveagarden, and the closest drive for me to get eggs and chickens for sale is 4 hours away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom