Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If it isn't normal soon, I would cull it...if I waited that long. It's never easy, especially with chicks, but the most humane way is a sharp pair of shears. I always lay down a plastic bag, put a paper towel down on top of that, lay the chick down, shears in place, and lay a paper towel over the top of everything so I don't have to SEE myself do it, just make sure your shears are in good position before you cover everything, give a good hard snip, roll everything up and out it goes.
hugs.gif

Thanks so much.
hit.gif
I know this is life. I must harden myself! But it is so hard for an animal lover. But i would not want it to suffer. Don't think it will be able to get itself together enough to eat or drink.
hit.gif
I'll hav eto do it soon. Right after the little girls who came to watch the hatch go home.

Quote:
I have my husband hook the truck up to a box and they fall alseep. My girl friend puts them in a bag and sprays something in it.. Cant rmember what it is. sorry..

Thanks for more options! Don't know if I can get past the crunch that the shears will make.
sickbyc.gif
I don't even like it when I have to crunch a bug.

Hi there!
It was nice meeting some of you at the Monroe show last weekend. Someone there suggested that I post about my 3 Silkie/Barnevelder chicks that need a home. They are coming up on 4 weeks old and are with a Broody. I would really like to get the Broody back in the pen and the chicks out of my bathroom. I'll e-mail photos directly if anyone is interested.

Quote:
I have my husband hook the truck up to a box and they fall alseep. My girl friend puts them in a bag and sprays something in it.. Cant rmember what it is. sorry..

Thanks for more options! Don't know if I can get past the crunch that the shears will make.
sickbyc.gif

If you got to do it, I would choose the one without the crunch. You'll never be able to use shears again without it chilling your spine. The exhaust one sounds better. Hook it up to a paper box & toss out the box after...don't look inside.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:

sickbyc.gif

Ok so I called my friend she said starter fluid get it at a auto store.. So you put chick in a plastic bag and spray it in. GOOD LUCK

Quote:
I turned it all back on, warmed it up to mid 80's with a blow dryer then shut the lid. I dunno, there might be room in my bra for 23 eggs...
gig.gif
just think good thoughts for my babies
sad.png

While you are at it...tape the switch so no one can touch it...and tape it to the outlet and lable it witha big red tag....or put a rat trap on it.
lau.gif

taped the switch, I do have a nasty ol rat trap...hmmmmmm.....
lau.gif

Quote:
Oh no! Id still try to hatch them you just never know.. Im so sorry..
hugs.gif

Thank You, they are still going. not going to give it up just yet. it never got below 73 and the humidity so high it might have kept some warm enough...if it didnt drown them! I will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom