Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Brabanters are flyers. I can tell that already. I suspect they'll have to have a wing clipped before they start free ranging.

I am new to BYC. Just found it today.
smile.png

My husband and our 2 children, now 17 and 11, moved to Tonasket, Wa (about 30 miles from the Canadian border) a little over 8 years ago from sunny San Diego, Ca. Yeah....wee bit of a culture shock..
'We' incubated a 2 sets of pheasants 3-4 years ago and are now playing/incubating/hatching chickens. Not the best luck yet but did get 4 so far on this last hatch....learning....and I'm becoming addicted!!!
smile.png

This is an AMAZING/informative site!!!! I'm SO thankful to have found it!!!

Actually I've ALWAYS wanted to do a few ducks....just white ducks....only 1 or 2. LOL
Don't know that my husband is AT ALL interested in ducks though.
smile.png

But I have to tell you......I'm LOVIN' 'my girls'!!! We're 'chicken sitting' for some friends......have been since Sept thru this August coming. TOTALLY enjoy their 'girls' and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our chicks!!!
smile.png

You can never have enough chickens, Oh and is it Earth Day, belive me. Really if you raise enough you can take your pick and give the rest to your friends.
Never enough!!!
Mike
cool.png

Mike-BEAUTIFUL birds!!!
Your peacock is GORGEOUS!!!!! It IS a peacock right???
I've wanted to hatch out a peacock too!!! Maybe once we get better at chickens???
smile.png

hey I dye my easter eggs using other food things to dye them with, I used blueberries to dye the top ones, and the bottom ones I tied some grass and leaves around them and dropped them into boiling onion skins. they come out kind of neat, still trying to get the leaf imprints to work better but hey I am learning. what other foods or stuffs leach their color that I could dye with? like spinach? oh maybe cherries?

71344_blueeggs3.jpg

71344_eastereggs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom