Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
It's her first. Maybe the chickens are the ones doing the pitter pattering?
wink.png

Quote:
Found a good web site:
http://sites.google.com/site/moodysbantams/poultry-health-1/crop-impaction

Even explains, if you have to do it, how to do a "surgery" to remove it. I am going to go check her right now. I will bring her in the house. Sheesh...my spare bedroom is turning into a triage room for birds.

eta: Thank you.

eta: Well that was just the craziest of things. Gave her 3 or 4 droppers of warmed up olive oil. massaged the crop. I could feel it dicipate. It is gone. She still had it when I brought her to the triage room (spare bedroom). I even had DH feel it. Felt like she had swallowed a couple of golf balls - hard as a rock. She is even acting better already. She fluffed up and preened some .... then sat there and looked at me.... looking much more comfortable. Will leave her in triage room for a couple of days and give her soft food. It was weird...you could feel it break up in her crop as you massaged it.

AWESOME!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Is that then, something you can do as a preventative?? I always have grit and oystershell out, but, some of them do not partake?? Can you just give birds the warm olive oil occasionally? just sayn?

Pics I took today:

50801_cornish_boy_001.jpg

50801_cornish_boy_003.jpg

Patriotic, red, white & blue.....
lau.gif

50801_cornish_boy_007.jpg

50801_cornish_boy_009.jpg

50801_cornish_boy_018.jpg

Wide Glide, aka: Buster
Buster has white earlobes, but beta Cockeral still just has red.
I am not sure if beta will develope white earlobes, or if the white earlobes are off SOP..in any event, they are filling in nicely, now 5 mo old I think.

Last edited:
OK, I am off to make refrigerator soup
lol.png

I have paddy pans, celery, leek, cherry tomatoes, carrots & rice going in the pot..gonna toss in some stew meat..guess it will be refrigerator stew...
lau.gif

Ogress: If you are coming down to buy seafood, bring the box of beef for CR, and I can stick it in my freezer til we get to him, or if he can come here & get the beef & firewood?
We'll see...
I am outta here for now.

Hello! I see some local places in the last few pages of posts (no WAY I'm going to read much more than that of this many pages!), wanted to say HI!! from the Lofall area in Poulsbo.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom