Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
BLUE eggs. They lay BLUE eggs, not green.
smack.gif

gig.gif
Glad they are laying for ya!!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
You'll make mistakes, but every parent does. Kids usually survive them.

And please remember that kids BOUNCE! Its not a joke. Don't freak out every time he falls down, or every time he bumps his little head! The more you react to things like this, the more he will freak out when they happen. Its hard trust me I know! But you will both be better for it!
hugs.gif
You will do just fine momma! Enjoy your little guy, because they do grow up VERY fast!

I thought PitterPatterPalace had a whole houseful of little feets already!
This is her first??
hmm.png

I thought she had a bunch of kids......like 2 or 3 already.........well, Cheryl is absolutely correct..kids will be kids!

Quote:
And please remember that kids BOUNCE! Its not a joke. Don't freak out every time he falls down, or every time he bumps his little head! The more you react to things like this, the more he will freak out when they happen. Its hard trust me I know! But you will both be better for it!
hugs.gif
You will do just fine momma! Enjoy your little guy, because they do grow up VERY fast!

I thought PitterPatterPalace had a whole houseful of little feets already!
This is her first??
hmm.png

I thought she had a bunch of kids......like 2 or 3 already.........well, Cheryl is absolutely correct..kids will be kids!

Even if its not her first. Its still good advice to have repeated!

Quote:
I have DE...but hardly ever use it in the feed. More on the roosts, ground and poop boards. I have been going in and checking her...I keep massaging as it seems to kind of come back a little...but she is already feeling so much better. It is just the weirdest thing. I have never had to deal with this before. Now I know. Learned something new. Thanks to all that helped.

Did she by any chance, get into your dog food?
I have had hens get impacted from scarfing the dog kibble, and it being hard, and the chicken has no stomach full of acid (or teeth to chew their food) they swallow it whole & it sits there hard as a gofball.
Hopefully it does not travel down & plug the crop entirely before it finally softens & can make it through the tube to the gizzard, where it can be broken up & "digested"
I have to hide the dog's bowl!!
Grapes, cherry tomatoes or any other hard little thing can plug them up.

Cheryl how are you feeling?
How is the attack cockeral?
I am enjoying sitting on my keester (sp?) today.but gonna lay down & read a book & maybe nod off~~~~~~
17.gif

Quote:
Im doing ok. Not overly emotional today. lol A little nauseous at times, but its not horrible. Just trying to clean my house, as I havnt had the energy the past few days to do much of anything other than care for Chloe and the critters. The attack cockeral is unfortunately still alive. The plan was to "off" him last thursday, but that didnt work out, so it was bumped up to today, but its pouring here... Im about to say "forget it" and give the boys to the mexicans that work landscaping at the barn I run... Im sure they would have no issues doing it in the weather. I just havnt been able to find the time. Its frustrating to say the least. Im home with Chloe, and nobody to watch her until later in the evening... So Im kinda stuck at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom