Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
An impacted crop is what Drama had, after she ate all those wood chips and sand. Yes, an impacted crop is the opposite of an empty crop. I had to massage Drama's crop and continue to offer her water in order to get stuff to move.

Can you isolate her from the others until she's completely comfortable with you? Do you have an animal crate or something to keep her in inside the house with you where she can be around you but not the others? When we had Drama in a dog crate in the house, we put shredded paper in the bottom and laid out a few layers of paper towel over the top. That way, we wouldn't have any allergic reactions to wood chips being in the house. After she's eating again and calmed down, maybe you could slowly introduce her to the flock. Unfortunately, since she's a lone bird being introduced to the flock, there's a chance they may pick on her again.

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. She's the smallest bird and such a gentle gal, she's always gonna be the bottom bird. I hate that! I told DH (jokingly) I was gonna buy some chicken diapers and keep her in the house.
lau.gif
I have a very small cat crate, but I think my neighbor has a larger one I could use for Princess.

Hey guys I am just stopping in to say HI!... My kids have been very sick, So I have not had time to stop in.. Almost 3 weeks ago I got a phone call from school that my 5 year old had a 103.8 fever and couldn't breath we rushed him into the hospital and after hrs of testing he was diagnosed with bronchial pneumonia, strep and a double ear infection and each ear . He has been on 3 rounds of a triple dose of meds and FINALLY he is starting to get somewhat better but he still has massive amounts of fluid built up behind his ear n they arnt sure why. The day before he was fine and then it all went down hill. *sighs* Then we found out Monday that my 8 year old has some sort of respiratory infection her eyes were so infected she couldn't see it wasn't pink eye but they don't know what its from she now has a ear infections because of the infection draining into her ears they think its an allergy or an allergic reaction to something?? ... And then my poor 3 year old just has a runny nose n a cold. On top of that my husband has been gone for a few weeks for military training.... SO I have been one busy mama to say the least. But enough about that. My chickens are doing good. My broody girl is still broody, I put eggs under her but unfortunately none were fertile
barnie.gif
so she is sitting on nothin... Everyone else seems to be doing well. I do still have a BLRW Roo that was hatched in March if anyone wants him just let me know. Sorry if I missed anything important. I hope to be able to catch up with yall soon
frow.gif

Hey guys I am just stopping in to say HI!... My kids have been very sick, So I have not had time to stop in.. Almost 3 weeks ago I got a phone call from school that my 5 year old had a 103.8 fever and couldn't breath we rushed him into the hospital and after hrs of testing he was diagnosed with bronchial pneumonia, strep and a double ear infection and each ear . He has been on 3 rounds of a triple dose of meds and FINALLY he is starting to get somewhat better but he still has massive amounts of fluid built up behind his ear n they arnt sure why. The day before he was fine and then it all went down hill. *sighs* Then we found out Monday that my 8 year old has some sort of respiratory infection her eyes were so infected she couldn't see it wasn't pink eye but they don't know what its from she now has a ear infections because of the infection draining into her ears they think its an allergy or an allergic reaction to something?? ... And then my poor 3 year old just has a runny nose n a cold. On top of that my husband has been gone for a few weeks for military training.... SO I have been one busy mama to say the least. But enough about that. My chickens are doing good. My broody girl is still broody, I put eggs under her but unfortunately none were fertile
barnie.gif
so she is sitting on nothin... Everyone else seems to be doing well. I do still have a BLRW Roo that was hatched in March if anyone wants him just let me know. Sorry if I missed anything important. I hope to be able to catch up with yall soon
frow.gif

I'm so so sorry to hear about your kidlets! That's really rough, I kNow!! Mine just had hand, foot, and mouth disease and yours is much worse :( I hope they are all well again soon! Probiotics....push them! Will pray for your 5 and 8 year olds to heal quickly!

Here's what I did tonight: Pulled Princess away from the rest of the ladies while they were all asleep. I took her in the house to my upstairs bathroom where I'd cooked her a scrambled egg, mixed apple sauce with probiotics, and fresh water all side by side. At first she just sat there looking at it all and this went on long enough I thought she was probably just too weak to eat. I dipped her beak in the water, then some applesauce, then the egg. It took over half an hour to perk her up from eating just a little bit and now she's up, in the middle of the night, devouring that egg. I ended up sticking her in a small cat carrier (can't let her poop all over the bathroom) on some paper towels, I mixed the egg and the applesauce together (seems to be pretty appetizing for this strange little bird!) and put the water and the mix in the cage with her. She's in there eating away, but now seems tired. I'm going to turn the light off for the night and call it quits. She did poop twice while she was eating, both poops looked like they had intestinal lining in them...that, or blood. Wasn't liquid red though, just mild red mixed through the poop which resembled some pics I've seen of intestine lining. If anyone else has ideas to nurse her back to health and get her back in with the rest of the meanies in the flock let me know! I need all the suggestions I can get, I really don't want to put her back in there only to have them starve her out like this again. Tomorrow I'll also dig out the chick electrolytes from the bin in the run and use that in her water, couldn't find it tonight in the dark. Lights out for now, goodnight!

I just passed my 10 year reunion last year...didn't go. I hated high school and really don't care much what happened to all those people who treated me so badly. Maybe I'm wrong but oh well.

I went to my 10 year, I remember the TV at the bar had live feed of a car chase, A slow white Bronco. I did not go to my 15th, 20th or 25th and the odds are I will not go to my 30th in a couple of years. My friends went to different schools.

Several years ago the person who bought our old home got my number from a neighbor and called me to say that she had a very important piece of mail for me. She forwarded it - it was an invitation for my 25 year HS reunion. I think that was the first time I really faced the fact that I am not young anymore. I wonder at what age that happens. I'm looking down at the new PJ's I just bought - a bright, floral mumu style thing. I'm definately no longer young. A few years ago I would not have been caught dead in in, and now I think, ahhh, soft and comfy.
Though FB I keep in contact with some of my school mates, some of them have grand kids that are the same age as my kids. I am glad I have blonde hair it hides gray hair. I know my body is slowing down but I don't feel as old as I am. I think it is because I still look young and that my kids are so young.

I just passed my 10 year reunion last year...didn't go. I hated high school and really don't care much what happened to all those people who treated me so badly. Maybe I'm wrong but oh well.

Next year is my 20. OMG, I'm so old. I only feel 27. I am having the same thoughts as you. I only have a handful if HS friends on my facebook, and I can say hi to them anytime I want. I literally forgot to go to my 10 year, because my dad was in the hospital. I was chunky counter culture girl that was Prom Queen. People liked me, but I didn't really like them. I have a hard time getting involved in drama, and that's what HS is.

The only reason why I sort of want to go is to see which jocks got fat.

Also, HOORAY NO FOOD ALLERGIES FOR MY BOY! Back to fantasizing about cows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom