Washingtonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could save the cans my DH and kids drink. I don't drink much soda but DH buys it and he and the kids drink mostly. Lots of Diet Rite and Dr. Pepper cans! Lol! If you were serious and wanted them I would be happy to save them for you.
smile.png
Oh my gosh, my hun-bunz drink so much soda, too! I just never liked it much after the teenage years...possibly too many mountain dews
sickbyc.gif

We can all start collecting for ya! LOL! I LOVE those Arizona Green Teas with Honey, they come in big cans and are a very pretty minty green, I would love an excuse to drink more of them
gig.gif

Sounds to me like it does. There are ways for you to help the little guy out. The chick could also have a slipped tendon - there are ways to help out with that as well.

Good luck!

For a slipped tendon, you'd use a chick chair. A tiny version of what I made Drama. I think chick chairs are made in a cup. I never thought Drama was going to be able to stand on both legs... now she runs.

There's a bunch of links here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/168626/what-is-a-chick-chair-and-how-do-i-make-one

I have not looked at the links though - but it could give you a starting point.

I agree. I think as you get older you begin to realize that book knowledge is good, but life experience is better.

I've met a few "Doogie Howser" docs who think they know it all because they just graduated with medical degrees and believe themselves to have the most current info. Many of them tout themselves as top-rated doctors (BTW... you know those "Top Docs" commentaries that come out in the paper - I learned those commentaries are often paid for by the Docs themselves. Unfortunately, I learned that after we went to a pediatric cardiologist who was one of Seattle's "Top Docs". How shall I word this... they guy was young, completely contradicted three well-respected cardiologists I've seen before, and thought quite a bit of himself. It would have been humorous, if my son had not been his patient).

I can give another doozy of a Doogie Howser example. My daughter, when she was small, had very bad eczema all over her legs. We didn't know what it was. We had never seen eczema before we had her. Our elderly, well-respected doctor, who also, at the time, sat on the board of American Academy of Pediatrics, was out on a sabbatical. We ended up having to be seen by a young doctor. He saw her and instantly said, without a doubt, that she was infected with a very bad mite. He said she had to have this expensive cream rubbed all over her, then her whole body wrapped in plastic wrap - and, in addition, our whole family had to do the same thing because the mite was extremely contagious. If I recall correctly, each tube of medication was about $200 per person.

I questioned him - and told him she had that rash for months, and no one else in the family had ever gotten anything like it. He insisted we were lucky and still prescribed the med for the whole family.

We went home, did what he said, got rid of every stuffed animal, disinfected every piece of bedding, etc., etc. We all treated ourselves. Yet, her rash never went away. Finally, after a few weeks, our regular doctor came back and we took her back in. When he saw her and saw what our family had been put through he was not happy (to put it mildly). He said this was no mite - it was eczema. None of our family members should have ever used that drug. Then he informed us the reason the drug we had been prescribed was so expensive is because it was extremely dangerous and was a very bad carcinogen, and the drug company has to charge a lot for it because of potential lawsuits. My 4-year-old and 2-year-old twins had a drug like that used on them because of a book-learned doctor who was absolutely positive he knew what the problem was.

Later we learned she was allergic to nuts.

Needless to say, I learned the hard way, that people who are educated with book knowledge, but don't have experience, have a very high chance of making mis-guided choices.
Ohhhhh I would have been steaming
somad.gif
! My mother is a nurse, and while I RESPECT most everybody in the medical profession, I cannot believe how "right" they always think they are! My mom has threatened to sneak my son off to get a Gaurdisil(sp?) vaccine because she thinks that is what is going to kill all of our youth..... I had to ask her if she even read about the side-effects and Hepatitis in the vaccine!!! She goes on a blind faith of what she hears from the Docs (who are also, so very young!)

I would.

I'm not experience with taping though. I'm just experienced with using a chick chair.

BTW... Drama's leg did not stick out like that. A chick chair worked for her. But, I don't think chick chair would do much for your little one.

I don't know - but I would wonder if that is a mild version of splayed leg. I think taping might help - it wouldn't hurt to try.

Hopefully, ChickieLady will see this soon - I have a feeling she might know what to do.

Ohhhhh I would have been steaming
somad.gif
! My mother is a nurse, and while I RESPECT most everybody in the medical profession, I cannot believe how "right" they always think they are! My mom has threatened to sneak my son off to get a Gaurdisil(sp?) vaccine because she thinks that is what is going to kill all of our youth..... I had to ask her if she even read about the side-effects and Hepatitis in the vaccine!!! She goes on a blind faith of what she hears from the Docs (who are also, so very young!)

Yeah, I was steaming. I didn't say anything or do anything about it though. What was done, was done. Creating a ruckus wouldn't have changed it for us.

The guy still works in the same Pediatric office. I have a difficult time wanting to even look at him when we go in. Obviously, I haven't gotten over it.

I've thought about cutting the top and bottom off aluminum cans and cutting down one side then using them like those clay roof tiles. It would take us years to get enough to do even a little chicken coop roof.
How much roofing do you need for your coop? There may be enough of us on here with leftover comp shingles to help put. God knows I have enough of the roofing paper for about 5 more coops and that even includes the fact that I h=used it under my siding!

Quote:
Construction's not my game. Maybe VF could share his opinion.

UE,
Slinglings is only interested in a small amount of the flooring I got. There may be enough for you to use on the roof as well. You are welcome to all that's left. (See your PMs) Since you can get pallets for free could you use those boards as "lap siding" for the roof?

Russ

Russ -- I think that's a good idea! To use that lyno as roofing.

UE - if you go with the 'lap-siding' idea for a roof, you'll want to paint it to protect the wood. You will also want to pay attention to the seams, so that they are staggered.

How much roofing do you need for your coop? There may be enough of us on here with leftover comp shingles to help put. God knows I have enough of the roofing paper for about 5 more coops and that even includes the fact that I h=used it under my siding!
I have corrugated roofing that is slowly getting buried in the weeds. It might be a little bent but is free to you if you can pick it up in Redmond. Not sure if it is 10 or 12 foot lengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom