Watch dogs!

GrumpyOldMan

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
SE Louisiana
I was wondering when the watchdog would come out in our geese. It’s here!!!!! The house next-door has been vacant since before we got the two boys. Yesterday someone (contractor) was working on the house and went into the back yard to do something. The two boys went bonkers, honking and jabbering and honking. Wife had to go out and it took her a while to calm them down. She called me at work so I could hear them sounding off. They were really upset; they did not like having strangers next-door. They’re 4 months old now.

They are super "watch dogs". Nobody and I mean nobody even attempts to come into my back yard. I know anytime anything is odd in the neighborhood because they alert us to anything or anyone out of the ordinary
smile.png

You bet. When mine were only 3 weeks old my barn cat sniffed one on the butt. It whipped around hissing and popped him hard on the head. Needless to say my cats leave em' alone.lol I am actually going to put bunnie house in their yard. They love the bunnies like babies and nothing goes in their pen with 4 geese acting like the rabbits are their goslings.

Quote:
Pilgrim. Very sweet and dossal with us. Haven’t had strangers close to them yet so I don’t know how they’ll react close up, but they sure cut up a ruckuses when they hear people where there weren’t any before.

Ooh, glad to hear they are Pilgrims. I was wondering if ours would ever protest strangers. They're about 4 months old, but haven't minded anyone so far. Not that the dogs don't let us know everything that passes through the property, but the geese are housed with the chickens at the moment and I'm hoping for a bit of an alarm should raccoons or weasels try to get in.

Back
Top Bottom