Water Evaporator for incubator! PICTURES INCLUDED!!!

quintinp

Songster
9 Years
Oct 22, 2010
Southern Oklahoma
Well, I have the big fridge incubator, but I can't ever bring up the high enough for lock down. I have a cooler incubator as a hatcher, but it can't hold as many eggs as the fridge incubator, so I am forced to hatch in it. I also don't want to make another cooler incubator, so this is my solution.

I went to the dollar store and bought this cheezy misting fountain, (They may have been popular at one time) I really only needed the misting part of it, but I had to buy the whole fountain.

Here are some pictures of it, I am hoping that this baby will bring the humidity up in my fridge incubator. I think I will attach it to a timer to turn it on an off, but I am also thinking of wiring it to a humidity monitor. (If those are even real.) I don't want to spend too much more money on this thing though, as I already have the timer. Here is what it looks like, I am not going to use the bowl in the incubator, I might use it for a bird bath or something.

70328_mister_003.jpg
70328_mister_002.jpg
70328_mister_001.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for the link, but I really don't want to spend $30.00 for a humidistat. I looked at the link, and figured out how to wire it, and I watched the video. I really like your set-up, but I was wanting to just plug it into a timer, Would that work? I figured I could adjust it to come on every few minutes or so. I am going to get a new thermometer hygrometer pretty soon, and want to see what it does in the incubator being on non-stop for 3 days (lock down).

Thanks again for the link, I looked at your page, knowing that you had the humidity controller, before you sent me the link, and there were no pictures of how to wire it, or even what the humidistat looked like.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
wee.gif
Looks like it'll be a success! That's good, I'll have to remember this because uve always wanted to make a fridge incubator & will some day...what humidity are you trying to get & what is the highest it ever got before the mister?

Looks like it'll be a success! That's good, I'll have to remember this because uve always wanted to make a fridge incubator & will some day...what humidity are you trying to get & what is the highest it ever got before the mister?

Before the mister it never got over 40%, and it wouldn't stay at 40% very long. Last night I left it on all night, and the humidity got to 70% and has been staying there all day. I am really liking this new mister.​

Back
Top Bottom