Water Weasel, Wiggler, Snake or whatever you know it as!!

Dollar Tree has them here in the Chicago area...in the cheapy toys section.

My mom works for WalMart and no one where she works knew what they were.

If anyone has found the "water wigglers" (AKA water snakes, etc.) recently at Dollar Tree or Wal-Mart or any other chain, can you post the SKU or UPC code and/or the name it was sold under?

I just called a local Dollar Tree and was told by the baffled woman on the phone they aren't selling water toys this time of year. I didn't feel like trying to explain any further, but I also don't want to drive around looking for these. I'd rather be able to confirm they are available before I go anywhere.

Saw the title and couldn't help clicking on it, curiosity. Interesting idea, never heard of it before today, but I wondered, if you were having trouble finding one, couldn't you just put some water in a zip bag, roll it up, and stick the thermometer in the middle? Sure enough, there's a thread for that... :)

LAFreewayChickens, can't help you with the code, haven't seen one recently, but maybe this will help?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/164639/how-to-make-a-water-wiggler-pics

Saw the title and couldn't help clicking on it, curiosity. Interesting idea, never heard of it before today, but I wondered, if you were having trouble finding one, couldn't you just put some water in a zip bag, roll it up, and stick the thermometer in the middle? Sure enough, there's a thread for that...
smile.png

LAFreewayChickens, can't help you with the code, haven't seen one recently, but maybe this will help?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/164639/how-to-make-a-water-wiggler-pics

I've tried the Ziploc bag approach when I was adjusting the temp before my first batch of eggs arrived. I had some problems with it leaking, and therefore didn't use it when the eggs were in the 'bator.

I've been thinking I could make a piece of pvc pipe with caps and a hole through one cap, put the probe through the hole, fill it with water and seal the hole around the probe with some silicone glue/caulk. I'd probably want to use a threaded cap for at least one end to change the water and keep it from getting funky.

Back
Top Bottom