water wiggler

crazyeggkat

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 13, 2009
Nashua,Ia
Ok what is a water wiggler for? I seen someones homemade one and also one earlier last week in someones homemade incubator. Now I'm stumped wondering what it's for, thanks.

It is for giving a more accurate reading of a temp inside of an egg in the incubator. It has more of the mass of an egg and is supposed to be better than just the air temp. reading. You have to have a thermometer with a probe and then you put it in the center of the wiggler and take the reading.

Quote:
Ours doesn't anymore! I went on a wild goose chase this morning trying to find one and finally found one at the Dollar Tree. Thanks heavens! It was driving me crazy!
lol.png

The Dollar Tree calls them "Water Snakes" by the way.
wink.png

The closest thing I've got to store that would possibly sell them is the walmart 20 miles away from me, so if they dont have them i'd have to buy them online. A definite downfall of living in a small town, surrounded by a bunch of small towns lol.
I saw one online a while ago for 2 bucks, but the shipping was like 6 bucks, it just seems crazy to me to spend 3 times what I bought it for to ship it to me.
Does anyone know where I can buy them online for cheap?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom