Do these air cells look big? Are they duds?

Thanks for advice everyone! We ended up with one little guy, hopefully girl so we can keep her. Picking up a few friends for her tomorrow so she's not too lonely.

Attachments

• PXL_20230419_211902915.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230419_211902915.MP.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 2
Can you show me your diy incubator?
I already dismantled and put it away but here's the best picture I've got. It was a still air, styrofoam cooler, we siliconed a pane of glass in, two vents at the top with the light. We slapped it together as someone just happened to drop off fertilized eggs so we thought we would give it a shot, a lot of learning as I went.
The beginning was a little iffy with temp/humidity until I got a dimmer switch for my light so I suspect that had something to do with it. Also used a reptile thermometer/hygrometer combo.

Attachments

• PXL_20230327_093130728.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230327_093130728.MP.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 1
As a reference, if you ever redesign your diy incubator for still air. Your containment needs to be a low profile. Similar to the brand names out there.

The reason is there would be less vertical air gap. Which keeps the temperature closer to accurate. Heat naturally rises and also diffuses the more gap there is.

If you need to bind two materials use gorilla glue or no odor type of product. Avoid silicone it's hazardous in regards to a incubator and the safety of the eggs.

Just throwing some helpful tips.

As a reference, if you ever redesign your diy incubator for still air. Your containment needs to be a low profile. Similar to the brand names out there.

The reason is there would be less vertical air gap. Which keeps the temperature closer to accurate. Heat naturally rises and also diffuses the more gap there is.

If you need to bind two materials use gorilla glue or no odor type of product. Avoid silicone it's hazardous in regards to a incubator and the safety of the eggs.

Just throwing some helpful tips.
All great information. Really appreciate it! If we decide to try again I'll definitely make some of these tweaks.

Back
Top Bottom