Water Wigglers are no where to be found!

You stick the temperature probe inside of one to simulate the temps inside the egg. You use them in purchased incubators too
wink.png

Here is what there are used for: When you are checking the temperature of your incubator, any incubator, not just a homemade one, a water wiggler is more accurate than just having a thermometer sitting in there. The spindle of the thermometer is inside the water wiggler, and it simulates the temperature inside the egg more than just the temperature of the air in the incubator.

Did I say that clearly?
tongue.png

Catherine

I made my own. I blew out an egg, refilled it with hair gel, put the probe in and sealed it up with hot glue. Seems to be working like a charm. I would however make sure you are putting the probe in the big end of the egg so it is on top if you have your eggs sitting in a turner. Learned that one the hard way.
roll.png

I too wondered why you wanted one badly enough to buy a case.. I thought it was some water wiggler fetish or something?
these winters are long!! lol!
lau.gif
:lol:
lau.gif

Quote:
I dropped a bug in Don's ear about carrying them in stock with his other incubator parts...so many people have trouble finding them. So we'll see what he will do.

Quote:
Wow, wow, I think that is so clever!

Right, if you are having successful hatches, why bother.

I wasn't, and getting the proper kind of thermometer and hygrometer and using the water wiggler, and checking that humidity until I was crazy, made ALL the difference.

I got a Genesis, and they are supposed to be set perfectly from the factory. Well, guess what, mine was NOT, it was several degrees too hot. I was able to turn it down, as checked by the water wiggler, and NOW it is perfect. I think.

I just sent for a dozen eggs and this is my first hatch of the season, and so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Catherine

in my local super walmart center there is a section where there is fake floral to your left and to your right is a small section of 1.00 dollar novelties that are used to fill up children's treat bags at birthday party's. It's just behind the greeting card wall. In there you will find clear plastic fish bowls holding all these novelties, you can reach in the open top and grab however many you want. There you will find a bowl filled full of "mini" water wigglers. I would say they are about 4 to 5 inches long and about 2 inches wide. Hope this help's.

Back
Top Bottom