Water Wigglers are no where to be found!

Thanks, but like I said in the first post, I've already checked all the local walmarts. I hope other people have better luck.

I'll likely end up making my own, it's just infuriating when you can't find something that you've always seen before. And especially when you spend the money for the fancy SpotCheck thermo. but have nothing to stick it in!

Last edited:
not all Wal marts carry the same stuff at the same time of year. i have this happen all the time at our 2. and sometimes when you ask an associate if they carry something they seem to have no clue and think it is 'seasonal'.

if you do end up buying a case of the water wigglers i would suggest selling the rest you do not need on the buy, sell trade area so you do not have to keep them all. i would suggest keeping an extra so if something happens to the one you are using you won't have to go through the search again. i'm hoping to never use my incubator again-now i have a broody hen!

Quote:
I agree, you don't really need one. The best thing about using one at least once is that it illustrates how much air temp in a bator can swing, but how much slower the internal temp of the eggs will change. Keeps you from panicking too much once you see that with your own eyes. They are just a tool, not a necessity.

Yea, it's more that I can't find them than really needing one. I've got a Caliber III cigar digital hygro/thermo unit, an Egg-O-Meter, the SpotCheck, some mercury thermos, and the 9$ hygro/thermo unit from IncubatorWherehouse. I'm pretty sure I'll be OK
wink.png

Quote:
I stick mine in any hole the incubator has for a probe thermometer...works on the GQF but did not work on the Humidaires because the walls are so thick on them. Too little probe on the inside. But Brinsea says you can put the whole Spot Check unit inside, it won't hurt it...just be sure you have a way to see it to read it. Make sure the probe is well clear of touching anything, I had to loop the wire around something so the probe sticks out over the eggs.

Thanks to all for answering my question. And I thought they were just toys!

My avatar is my Coalie when he was a pup. He's a two-year-old border collie chicken watcher now. He has worn a groove into the ground on the three sides of the pen he can patrol. The girls preety much ignor him.

I really admire the time many of you take to work with your incubators, but are broody hens that hard to come by? I have a couple that are always hogging everybody else's eggs and trying to hatch them. I collect every day, but they don't give up. Since there is no roo, it is a long and thankless task for the poor things.

Dollar tree is currently carrying them in the toy section. They are Disney brand. The package is cardboard with a piece of plastic over the wiggler. They are hanging on the walls in the toy section. All the dollar tree stores should carry them....every one I checked around here does.
I bought Nemo. Micky mouse and the Little Mermaid!
lol.png

Awww a Disney WW would have been cute. But checked out Dollertree on Sunday and didn't find any! Went down every isle looking over every item
sad.png

GaChknGirl: Thanks found some there! they were down to 4 of them, got 2 just in case. The purple one has 2 yellow duckies in it, can't pass that up!

Back
Top Bottom