@rockethoe This link is to a dutch webshop for people who buy much at once.
https://www.arwebshop.nl/bio-legkorrel-ar
I think the numbers (price /kilo’s/ bags) speak for themself.

20kg x 50 bags :
€ 12,53 (€ 13,66 incl. tax) for each bag.
That's a good price. Ours works out at just under €16 per 20kg plus delivery. And that's a good deal cheaper than buying it on the local Agri stores. It can be anywhere 18-25 per 20kg around here.

The local Agri store (screenshot) sells bags organic of 12,5 kg for € 18,50.

The local mill is much cheaper. Last year when I bought a whole bag organic the price was 22,50 for 25 kg. And the quality is good.

Last time I bought the AR chicken feed together with a friend who could pick up 5 bags of 20 kilo (minimum) at the AR feed factory. The feed was superfresh when I bought it.

IMG_4272.png

I hate to tell you that, but very likely it's a rooster. It could be a darker hen... I've had that too. And vice versa. But I think it's a rooster.
No problem. Thanks for being honest. I know the chance is around 50% to start with.

The hens wont mind if I keep Tintin when he is young cockerel ;)

This creates 2 new possibilities:
1. buy 6 hatchery eggs in May if I have another broody (and try to please someone else with a young cockerel).
2. keep Tintin til he’s old enough to fertilise some eggs. And try to hatch his offspring mid august/september. A bit late but not impossible. (nice to keep him as long as no-one gets bothered by his crowing).

No problem. Thanks for being honest. I know the chance is around 50% to start with.

The hens wont mind if I keep Tintin when he is young cockerel ;)

This creates 2 new possibilities:
1. buy 6 hatchery eggs in May if I have another broody (and try to please someone else with a young cockerel).
2. keep Tintin til he’s old enough to fertilise some eggs. And try to hatch his offspring mid august/september. A bit late but not impossible. (nice to keep him as long as no-one gets bothered by his crowing).

I vote #2!

Tintin is getting darker every day now.
I vote #2!
Not such a very simple choice for me.
A few neighbours woke up from every rooster I had early mornings. Only during the long winter nights this is no issue.

It would be possible if there were rooster collars that are not a torture for the rooster.

In the meantime Im waiting for a breeder who likes soft crow bantam roosters so much, he is making this his goal in life. I would easily pay 50 euro for such a rooster no matter how he looks like.

Back
Top Bottom