I am well, thank you. Suddenly 4 of my hens decided to go broody so I am trying to find good eggs. I ordered White Sussex, unfortunately out of 10 eggs only 2 hatched and they are not Sussex! I contacted the seller and he was like "Oh, yeah, my other breeds jump over the fence every now and then, so the chichks are some other breed"...like this is normal.
What is Tsouloufates?
So you are happy with Czech Dominant? Are they good layers?

I am well, thank you. Suddenly 4 of my hens decided to go broody so I am trying to find good eggs. I ordered White Sussex, unfortunately out of 10 eggs only 2 hatched and they are not Sussex! I contacted the seller and he was like "Oh, yeah, my other breeds jump over the fence every now and then, so the chichks are some other breed"...like this is normal.
What is Tsouloufates?

glad you are well.

tsouloufates are greek crested landrace chicken (tsouloufi = crest).

czech dominant chickens are good layers.

What is Tsouloufates?
First of all and most important its nice to hear you’re okay.

What a 🤬 who sold you those eggs. He should close the run and send you new ones after a few weeks without other roosters getting near the Sussex.

I have been reading many stories of eggs by mail with a very poor outcomes. But sending mixed eggs instead of pure breed eggs was even beyond my imagination.

My broody Kraai got company of Katrientje. They were both sitting on one clutch with 6 eggs for a few days. But now Katrientje took over and Kraai is sitting ‘next door’ on 3 fake eggs.

What is Tsouloufates?

Wow! I'm sorry you got sold mixes (or another breed entirely) when you thought you were getting pure Sussex

@chickengr explained what Tsouloufates are perfectly. They come with a few different names, but it's all the same bird

IMG_4190.jpeg

One peep hatched this morning.

Back
Top Bottom