Watering cups, Spouts, Gravity bowls?

I got some horizontal nipples found them on sale while Christmas shopin for the kiddos at tractor supple gonna be a stockin stuff for me lol i just gotta figure out what i wanna use as far as a bucket i have 10 birds i dont wanna go 5gal im thinkin 3gal

I got some horizontal nipples found them on sale while Christmas shopin for the kiddos at tractor supple gonna be a stockin stuff for me lol i just gotta figure out what i wanna use as far as a bucket i have 10 birds i dont wanna go 5gal im thinkin 3gal
I found that the horizontal nipples you screw in are less apt to leak on a flat sided container versus a rounded one.

I use a 5 gal. bucket w/ hn's, paired with a 50 watt aquarium heater in the winter. While our temps on avg. I'm sure are quite different from NY it does get down into the single digits here on occasion and it's kept the waterers thawed without fail. The other key factor for me is I don't have dedicated power run to my coop, so I have to use a good quality extension cord thus having gadgets that DON'T pull much in the way of amps is important for me. My LED lights and little low wattage aquarium heater do the trick in the winter without me having to worry about overheating an electrical circuit.

Made some progress im just waiting on my heater to come in mail. And thinking of putting a cinder block under it to stop it from spinning instead of hanging.
20191231_162441.jpg
20191231_162910.jpg
20200101_134949.jpg

I use these.
They come in various sizes.
I have 7 dotted around the normal chicken ranging areas. They are good for keeping the water cool in the summer months and while water does freeze in them they don't tend to crack like the plastic containers.
I empty and refill every day and clean with vinegar from time to time. I'm about to try using Oxine in the drinkers to keep them clean.
P1042264.JPG

Back
Top Bottom