Watering Dish Idea......it Works!!!

Here is a picture of the type of balls I gave mine.
800443062036C.jpg

Mine look like the first one on the left. The ducklings loved them, because they could pick them up and drop. They loved the noise they made. Best they are plastic so you can wash them when they have poo on them, which they will. I think I did get mine a Walmart. They are really cheap.

Good idea!! Especially for keeping them inside the house!! It does getting annoying when the ducks constantly play in their drinking water.. or when they need to stand in their water to drink it..
tongue.png

I use something a bit different, though - thought it might be helpful!
45978_water_chicken.jpg

Sorry its not exactly like this, but this was the only picture I could really find on the net - Mine is larger for my ducks and the weight keeps them from tipping it over, they can only drink out of it and they don't really make it dirty, if they do I just tip the bottom water out. I have a small one for my ducklings too, very handy when they are inside and round enough that they all fit in drinking together. Easy to refill too
smile.png

Just thought I'd add my 'water feeder' too, it works great.

LOL, yup have those cat ball toys too! Hopefully they will play with them and not go stir crazy now with being board. Space is shrinking as they are getting bigger. Plus I do have mom/dad next to them in a divider so they can all get to know each other when it's time for all of them to go outside. Mom and dad do go outside, but I do let them come inside when they stand at the door knocking to come in. Yes I know, not doing justice for them but they are spoiled! Next winter when I can get a adaquet shelter and there are more ducks to keep each other warm, they will all be outside next winter.

Awesome idea! I love the organizing cubes. We got a guinea pig this summer, and his cage is made with coroplast bottom & wire cube sides. I want to try raising ducklings like that next summer--you can make their brooder HUGE, and place their water like you have it, and the visibility from all sides is nice too. I also plan to put doggy pee pads under the straw like we do for the guinea pig & see if that helps with the mess. Baking soda under the straw helps with smell. Big plans! lol

I'm glad everyone likes my idea, my bedding still is getting wet but probably from them in/out of the water and it dripping off their heads/bills. But it doesn't smell like it did in a day or two. I use all the cubes for my bunny cages too! Cheap cages then spending $150+ for hutches!

Back
Top Bottom