Watering in hot heat !!

Awesome I wouldn't have even thought of this! Mind if I copy it I like the flexible tubing better!
Here is mine in our temporary coop.

I bought the nipples from Rich 386 and built it myself. Not hard at all.

We only get a few weeks of "very hot" weather here. When we do I ad ice blocks to my waterer. I use plastic containers from sour cream, ice cream or yogurt and freeze them in my large freezer. When I had 2 waterers I would have one half filled in the freezer and the other in the run. I would just fill the frozen one with water before putting it in. The hotter the day, the more times I changed the water and more ice blocks I added. I find blocks melt slower, keeping the water cooler, longer, than ice cubes.

Thanks I hadn't thought of blocks of ice !! I've been filling mine with ice cubes but they melt soooo fast !! I'll try it today!
We only get a few weeks of "very hot" weather here. When we do I ad ice blocks to my waterer. I use plastic containers from sour cream, ice cream or yogurt and freeze them in my large freezer. When I had 2 waterers I would have one half filled in the freezer and the other in the run. I would just fill the frozen one with water before putting it in. The hotter the day, the more times I changed the water and more ice blocks I added. I find blocks melt slower, keeping the water cooler, longer, than ice cubes.

Back
Top Bottom