Watery eyes....

It's not looking good :-( his got a runny nose I did not no how hard it's going to be.... I'm so stuck I cant afford to pay for the vet Bill's :-( man this is stressing me out
Okay, just take a deep breath and think. You could go to a vet that probably doesn’t have much experience with chickens and charges you an arm and a leg, or you could try and figure it out by yourself ( with our help of course.) It really just depends on what you think is needed.

It's not looking good :-( his got a runny nose I did not no how hard it's going to be.... I'm so stuck I cant afford to pay for the vet Bill's :-( man this is stressing me out
does mucus from the nose stink? are the eyes still foamy?

does mucus from the nose stink? are the eyes still foamy?

Eyes has cleared a little his nose doesnt smell atm... but I am looking around and will call around vets see what I can do... will see what the morning brings and have to keep him separated from the rest now :-(
So sad

Hi I woke up this morning to find my chicken has watery eyes.... whether it's an infection or his come up with a cold I dont no as it has been raining these last few days... What can I do to help? I have attached pictures he seems fine in himself eating and drinking fine . Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance

I'm just waiting in the que to speak to someone from the vets I will keep u guys infor6hope this lil guys makes it :-( and it's nothing major.... I just cant understand how this has happened? I dont no if its something I did wrong or not I just cant seem to understand he was perfectly fine yesterday apart from the rainy weather...
It looks like your bird has respiratory disease.
Where did he come from - is he new or was he with the other ones you have?

It's always best to consult a vet for testing to find out the cause of the bubbles, but a lot of times services are not available, vets don't see chickens or the cost is just too much.

I am not a vet nor expert, but the bubbly eyes along with runny noise, I would take a good guess that he has Mycoplasma. Most of the time symptoms can be treated with an antibiotic like Tylosin, Tiamulin (Denagard) or one of the "cyclines". Keep in mind that I said symptoms. Mycoplasma is a disease that makes the bird a carriers for life even if they get better. Birds that are housed with and exposed to him are considered carriers as well even if they never show symptoms.

Flush his eyes with saline a few times a day, clean out the bubbles and pus - apply an eye ointment in the eye.

Keeping your flock closed would be a very good idea.
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

It looks like your bird has respiratory disease.
Where did he come from - is he new or was he with the other ones you have?

It's always best to consult a vet for testing to find out the cause of the bubbles, but a lot of times services are not available, vets don't see chickens or the cost is just too much.

I am not a vet nor expert, but the bubbly eyes along with runny noise, I would take a good guess that he has Mycoplasma. Most of the time symptoms can be treated with an antibiotic like Tylosin, Tiamulin (Denagard) or one of the "cyclines". Keep in mind that I said symptoms. Mycoplasma is a disease that makes the bird a carriers for life even if they get better. Birds that are housed with and exposed to him are considered carriers as well even if they never show symptoms.

Flush his eyes with saline a few times a day, clean out the bubbles and pus - apply an eye ointment in the eye.

Keeping your flock closed would be a very good idea.
https://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Yes will do... have putten apple cider vinegar to its water and will put some crushed garlic cloves in water too

Eyes has cleared a little his nose doesnt smell atm... but I am looking around and will call around vets see what I can do... will see what the morning brings and have to keep him separated from the rest now :-(
So sad
it's probably not coryza if the nasal discharge doesn't stink, but as you said- try to search for vets that take care of chickens. I hope you either find one that'll help you and your chicken or she gets better. Keep us informed.

Yes will do... have putten apple cider vinegar to its water and will put some crushed garlic cloves in water too

I purchased him from a breeder... got him when hi was around 2 and half weeks with the other hen... she seems fine but if it is the disease most likely she's going to be a carrier now :-(

it's probably not coryza if the nasal discharge doesn't stink, but as you said- try to search for vets that take care of chickens. I hope you either find one that'll help you and your chicken or she gets better. Keep us informed.

Will keep you guys updated in the morning x

Back
Top Bottom