Watery poop?

I'm way late on this thread, but I started giving mine the ACV and it cleared up. I believe the heated waterer in the winter was allowing the bacteria to grow, and where it's winter time I wasn't changing the water as often as in the summer. I have continued the ACV regimen and they now get it in their water twice a week and I've had no more problems. Hope this helps. 1 tablespoon of organic ACV with "mother" in it per gallon of water

I have a 30 week old buff Orpington who has not yet started laying eggs. When approached she is squatting, so I know her laying time is getting close. However; the only excrement is a very watery substance with very little mass. Her tail feathers are extremely "mucky" and I am concerned. It is cool here (mid-30s at night and 50s during the day) so I don't think it has to do with the heat. I have read that she could be having trouble passing the first egg? What (if anything) can I do to help relieve her of this? Does anyone else have suggestions of what could be causing these unusual bowel movements? Any help would be great.

Is she eating and drinking okay? I have watched my own hens have watery poo when they have been gulping down lots of water. A condition of impacted gizzard can cause droppings that are clear with no solids, but I feel that your chicken would be showing extreme illness if it were that. Try giving her some probiotics or plain yogurt to firm up her stools.

Thank you so much for your help. She is drinking just fine but she won't eat the pellets we have for her but will eat the treats (dried mealworms) without a problem. I will try the yogurt, are there any other suggestions?

Is she egg bound? I dont think it will hurt to give a warm water and Epsom bath for 30 minutes. You can always put vaseline on the vent after to help. It will fix problem if she's egg bound, wont hurt if she's not.

She doesn't seem to be egg bound - she does not seem to be uncomfortable. She still runs around the yard and is staying social with the other hens. She pecks when can free roam and has been drinking quite a bit of water recently. Any suggestions?

I have had watery poop for days now?
We are heading into winter now so it's v.cold most nights.
The girls have clear eyes, clean butts, no bugs, no scaly legs, no bald patches, and are as active and laying just as usual.
Each day I am finding one or two have water bombed the poo shelf.
Does anyone know what this means, and is it a problem, thanks?!

I have one chicken who is the same way....runny but showing no signs of illness. My chickens get fish-meal based organic feed, boiled egg, a little scratch mix for a treat, and are out on grass during the day. I am wondering if the grass might be causing it?

Back
Top Bottom