Watery stool and now gasping and lethargic

Too bad we dont have Flubendazole here in the U.S.
I noted that it does not eliminate pinworm eggs.
https://drugs.ncats.io/substance/R8M46911LR
Yes, I was told it is sold in the U.S. as Fishzole though.

And we do not know where @TheyLive is located, might as well be Europe, Australia or New Zealand etc.

Thank you for the link, learned something new regarding pinworm eggs. 👍

You are right.

But still there seems to be a way to get Flubendazole in the U.S. as de-wormer for fish:

1623965123438.png

I use Valblazen after a lot of reading and honestly, it's the easiest to administer, in my personal opinion. It's administered twice at the initial dosage and then another 7-10 days later VS subsequent days in a row. I believe it cost a little more but the amount of time it saves makes it worth every penny. It's very safe and I use it on my regular sized birds as well as my very small bantams. I hate that it's suggested to use an alternative occasionally to keep parasites from becoming resistant, but I'll always strongly recommend Valblazen. (dosage is 1/4ml for bantams and elderly birds, and 1/2ml for standard sized birds, I believe. Is that correct @dawg53 ?)

Last edited:
I use Valblazen after a lot of reading and honestly, it's the easiest to administer, in my personal opinion. It's administered twice at the initial dosage and then another 7-10 days later VS subsequent days in a row. I believe it cost a little more but the amount of time it saves makes it worth every penny. It's very safe and I use it on my regular sized birds as well as my very small bantams. I hate that it's suggested to use an alternative occasionally to keep parasites from becoming resistant, but I'll always strongly recommend Valblazen. (dosage is 1/4ml for bantams and elderly birds, and 1/2ml for standard sized birds, I believe. Is that correct @dawg53 ?)
You're correct. I've been using it for years and I worm my birds monthly. If I get lazy, I'll use Levamisole. Every now and then I'll use safeguard liquid goat wormer or pyrantel pamoate.
Valbazen is my go to wormer, cant beat it.

Would sour crop kill that quickly? I’m thinking she had an underlying condition. I keep my flock fed with a quality feed, fresh water, clean frequently and I’ve lost 4 in the last year. One was due to visceral gout, upon necropsy it was discovered she only had one kidney, the others were unknown illness.
im bummed, my neighbor rarely cleans the coop, their water is frequently unclean and they have lost zero.
I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is most likely that you are doing nothing wrong and have simply had some bad luck. Did all your chickens come from the same source and did your neighbor get them from a different source. Yours may have had some sort of genetic issue that left them susceptable to illness.

Back
Top Bottom