WAVERLY,IA SWAP

Quote:
Ok I guess I was a little off....
It's about 3 1/2 hours from my parents house which is who I normally go with.
But from my house it's 4 1/2 hours....
barnie.gif

Heck maybe I won't sleep saturday night....That 4 1/2 hour ride might be a nice nap
th.gif
!!!!!

What I do for animals I guess...
ep.gif

Shawna

Tomorrows the big day
wee.gif
wee.gif

Just picked up a 3 stall horse trailer to pull down incase we find anything we just so happen to need!!!! Ok maybe not NEED, but WANT!!!!!!

Need to start getting things ready here soon, cuz 1 a.m. comes pretty early.....
Get up at 1
leave here at 2
get down there around 7 (6:30ish if we didn't need to get gas!!! there just went some spending money
hit.gif
)

Actually I told Jason he pays for gas going down and I will get in on the way home!!! Gas in Iowa is cheaper than up here...
ya.gif

Shawna

Have fun! My SIL and her husband are going. It will be their first swap so they are excited to see what it is all about. They are a bit closer though; only about 1 1/2 hours for them!

Hi guys, what did everyone bring home with them today? We went to the swap this morning, didnt stay long or get much, since we were all sick today and it was cold out. Brought home a pair of call ducks, some silkie hatching eggs, a rabbit cage, and a goose. There were so many animals that were hard to walk away from, but we didnt need much. (we are bringing about 30 or so eggs to the highschool for the agriscience class to hatch them out and then give them back to us, and then we are getting 30 eggs at the end of this week from mcmurray, for our bater -around 60 or so chicks..) I noticed that some of the goat kids were absolutely adorable...
smile.png
So ill be interested to see what everyone brought home with them today.

I didn't bring home anything. Disappointed with the selection of chickens. I really wanted to get a pair of ducks but I don't have anyplace to keep them at the moment:(
sad.png
Some of the cages didn't like, not one of the best swaps. Probably would have been better if it was later in the month.

I wanted to get to either this one, or the Kankakee one, but just couldn't spare the time. I'm way to behind on things around here right now. I probably would've just gotten myself into trouble of one kind or another.
wink.png

Well we're finally home.
Got all our new pets/animals home and settled in.
We put our trailer to use I guess.
We brought home...
a male llama (6 months old)
2 baby ewes
5 (yes I said 5) rabbits.

The girls want to show rabbit for 4-H, so I justified it as them needing them. Not that we couldn't of gotten them closer to home. But hey the drive was nice.

Was a little disappointed in how ALMOST everyone cleared out as soon as the little rain started to fall. I can understand but was a little disappointed all the same.
Seen lots of mini. horses. A few llamas, lots of birds, and even extra stuff.

I figured next year....NO KIDS, OR HUSBAND going with. Just me and my mom...
gig.gif
!!!!! The kids were not listening, they were tired and cold. Then when they weren't complaining they were begging for this animal or that animal. Husband wanted to go here and go there to look, but wasn't very patient and has no concept on prices of the animals. I think he was more looking at it as with as many buyers that were there (before the rain) the animals could be gone when we go back. Well they could of, but there are always more to look at. Then he had to complain about the baby lambs riding in the truck instead of in the trailer. I didn't want them back there because they were sooooo little. Didnt' want them to get chilled. Plus needed to give them a bottle on the way home.

We left my mom's at 3:30 this morning. Got there at 7. Left at 11:45. Got back here around 6:30 (after stopping back at parents house)...Got animals all settled in and now at almost 10p.m. I am ready for bed...

Even with the so-so day it turned out to be I can't wait for the one in Sept now. (at least that's when I think it is).
Shawna

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom