*Waves* Hiya!

Falena

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
Randolph County, NC
Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself quickly. Here's a little blurb about me:

I'm married and have a son and a babydog, three other (much loved) dogs, a cat, and numerous goldfish/koi. I love to create anything artistic and have many hobbies. I keep children during the day, along with running the domestics in the household. My husband works at a bronze sculpture foundry, and we have been together since freshman year of highschool. Some of my interests are crochet, drawing and painting, pyrography, nature, fishkeeping, owls, canoeing, ... I won't bore you with the whole list lol!

I grew up with poultry: chickens, turkey, duck, and the occasional batch of quail. Now I have a small pet quality flock of Silkies: a splash rooster, a smutty buff rooster, 4 white hens, a lavender hen, and 5 partridge 6 month old pullets (and 2 more cockerels that are destined for new flocks elsewhere). I have a very small separate flock as well, consisting of a red bantam Cochin roo, a blind Barred Rock hen, and a Silkie/RIR cross hen. (I just hatched a nice clutch of Silkies about two weeks ago, and slipped a couple of the Silkie/RIR x Cochin eggs under Miss Broody successfully. I can't wait to see how they turn out when they fledge!) I keep my birds for eggs and bug patrol. Never raised meat birds, but not opposed to it I guess. *shrugs*

Anyway, yeah. That's me in an egg... err, I mean nutshell!

And for my Show n' Tell... Here's a pic I drew of Sorrel, my smuttybutt sweetheart!<33

Last edited:

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
welcome-byc.gif
pleased you joined the flock

DDNONIN2016

Crowing
10 Years
Jan 27, 2012
SW Ohio
Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

Neat intro and love your drawing. Beautiful :)

Best wishes on your broody hatch

Top Bottom