Wazine 17 - How many days should the eggs not be eaten?

I just called Fleming Laboratories, Inc. and was told the egg withdrawl time is 17 days. The man said they (Fleming Lab) asked the USDA what recommended withdrawl time should be and the reply was 17 days. I will dose my bantams tomorrow morning as was recommended to me and remove all other water source for the entire day, then discard it. If there is some left, he said I could leave it for the next day. I had a fecal test done, and the vet confirmed my birds had roundworms. I have 19 bantam chickens, breaking down the recommended dose on the bottle, which is 2 oz. for 100 chickens, I will give them a smidge less than 1/2 oz. The label also says to break the roundworm cycle worming ever 30 days is necessary to break the large roundworm life cycle. I don't know about that, people would hardly ever get to eat their eggs! I am wondering if worming quarterly or even twice a year would be alright. My chickens are pets, with the extra enjoyment of having fresh eggs. This is what found out today, and am passing along just FYI. JoanieMay

The label also says to break the roundworm cycle worming ever 30 days is necessary to break the large roundworm life cycle. I don't know about that, people would hardly ever get to eat their eggs! I am wondering if worming quarterly or even twice a year would be alright. My chickens are pets, with the extra enjoyment of having fresh eggs. This is what found out today, and am passing along just FYI. JoanieMay
I'm not an expert so I probably should just
duc.gif
but I would interpret that as meaning you may have to worm now, and then once more in 30 days. That way today's worming kills the worms that are alive, and the worming 30 from now would kill the worms that are still eggs or whatever now... But like I said, I should probably just
duc.gif

I am going to worm with piperazine.
Probably directly administered tho (i have only 6 and getting proper water dosages is hard here with them consistently dumping it :/ I may do this tomorrow...Imma egg junkie :( but found A roundworm in a dropping yesterday so....blah! I have this nightmare of worms in eggs now (rare event but google images almost made me faint and I like weird lol)
I do have pounds of garlic available but heard its a better preventative. I read it hasn't been tested for eggs...but the majority read it as meat safe is egg safe and they're still kicking but I'm still nervous to do it chemically. I'll hold eggs for 14- 21 days (arrrgg!) If I do it.
What about Piperazine?

Gave to my chickens two days ago haven't drunk all of water do I need to get rid of it and give them fresh water or let them finish it and when do I count the 14 days

Gave to my chickens two days ago haven't drunk all of water do I need to get rid of it and give them fresh water or let them finish it and when do I count the 14 days
Get rid of it and give them fresh water and start your count. Wazine is supposed to be given for 24 hours only.

I understand they are trying to cover their arse, but if you really look at all the information on piperazine (wazine 17), you'd also see that it has also been used for treating household pets AND people!
All three people i spoke to said that they would eat the eggs anyway.
That being said, i plan to treat my chickens tomorrow and discard for a few days

Back
Top Bottom