We are cute, but what will we grow up to be?

LilBizzy

Chicken Storyteller
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Maryland
It's that time of year again- we get surprise chicks from the hatchery and we ask for the more experienced to help us figure out what we have. My daughter got the surprise brown egg layer assortment, and we have both been looking at a million pictures for 2 days and we are at a loss. Althoug it was enjoyable seeing so many cute baby chick pictures, we are no closer to figuring out what these are, and need help.

Chick1 shades of black/gray. New wing feathers are pure white.Very thin line of featherfuzz down the outside of the legs. I was thinking dark Brahma?

Chick 2-- Interesting. I honestly do not have any idea what this might be-

Chick 3-- quite unique looking

Does anyone have any ideas on what they will be when they grow up?

Chick #2 looks exactly like my red sex-links when they were that size. The others I have no clue though.

They came from Meyer hatchery, and Meyer doesn't have buttercups. But you are right, it does look similar

This is our mystery chick from Meyer Hatchery (rare and brown layer assortments). She looks like yours as a chick but she is a more dilute color. At 3.5 weeks of age When you figure yours out, maybe ours will be figured out too! Guesses that we got were clean faced easter egger

Back
Top Bottom