We are finally finished with our new coop ! ! ! !

can I move in? Ill cluck now and then but I cant lay
wink.png

Quote:
From your link:

"The forum has been a wonderful help in the design of the coop, and anyone wanting to have chickens should study everyone's coop to decide how to build theirs."

That is the essence of this place, and you certainly captured the wonderful in yours!

Congrats, that is beautiful! No wonder your chicks don't want to go outside!
lol.png
It's obvious that you did your homework, which gets me thinking. For anyone lurking out there, thinking about raising chickens, a word of advice. My biggest mistake (er, I mean learning experience
wink.png
) was under-thinking the coop/run set up. I ordered what looked to be a really nice coop - only to learn after the fact that it's stated capacity was twice what it really should hold, the roosts are poorly placed, and the ventilation is inadequate. Having exhausted my coop fund, I had to scramble around creatively to find another "coop" (child's playhouse that I'm renovating - and I'm no carpenter!), and, in the mean time, my chicks aren't looking very chick"ish" anymore. Constructing the run has also proven to be more involved than I had anticipated. I've rehomed two of my girls for the health and happiness of all of them (just too crowded)
hit.gif
and the moral of the story is that all of this could have been avoided had I lurked around long enough to learn more, and worked out the living arrangements before ordering my chicks. Oh, and by the way, I LOVE having chickens!
ya.gif

Quote:
It took a little over a month for everything. ( I could have taken longer, but I had to start making some money so we can eat
pop.gif
)
I still have to build the nest boxes, but the chicks are only 6 weeks old, I've got time.

Back
Top Bottom