We are getting 3 doz a day eggs.. EGG recipes please!

My Granny used to make this. Its a good summertime supper because it's fast & easy (which means I'm not heating my kitchen up)

Put a little bit of olive oil in a large skillet with a couple of cloves of minced garlic and a small finely chopped onion. Saute over medium heat until the onion is translucent and then add a big bundle of fresh chopped greens (we prefer Kale but I have used Swiss Chard). Add about a cup of chicken broth and the juice & zest from a lemon & put the lid on. Season to suit yourself. Simmer until the greens are wilted and done to your liking then take a large spoon and make pockets in the greens. Crack 1 egg into each pocket Cover and cook until the eggs are done to your satisfaction (we like the whites cooked but the yolks still runny) Sprinkle the eggs with salt and some red pepper flakes. We usually allow 2 to 3 eggs per person. We serve it over cornbread or thick toasted slices of homemade wholegrain bread.

It's pretty tasty!!

I eat most of my eggs this way:
Just throw some olive oil or vegetable oil in a hot pan, then crack 3 eggs in. Keep moving the egg around with a spatula so it doesn't cook all the way on one side... similar to an omelette. Then cover... COVER... it is paprika. Yes paprika and eggs is amazing! Then I'll normally fry some bacon as well, cut it up into small pieces and kind of spread it over the eggs. Salt and pepper to taste. Yummy!

fritatas dinner will use up a dozen eggs

yorkshire pudding will use 6 eggs (quick easy and oh so good)

custard & custard pie

souffle's

meringue

eclairs (so good)

french toast

make crepes and fill them with custard

Any extra eggs after that, the dogs and pigs love them as a snack. The chickens like them scrambled too with the shell ground up in the scrambled eggs.

Happy Cooking

Last edited:
Huevos rancheros. Our family's version anyway.

Tear a tortilla in half and and stuff it into the bottom of a PAM greased muffin cup. Fold and push it around so it makes a sort of cup. (either corn or flour tortilla are okay). Spray PAM all over the tortilla if you want the tortilla edges good and crispy. . Break an egg into the tortilla cup- add a spoonful of salsa (fresh with raw tomatoes is better but you can use anything you have) and some shredded cheese on top. Salt if you like. That's all you need.

You can add extras like a bit of chopped ham or already cooked chorizo sausage at this point but I generally leave them meatless. I have used a dab of leftover meatloaf crumbled. You can get creative here and add bits of leftover veggies- broccoli, spinach, or chopped tomato, onion, whatever, it only takes a tiny bit. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or less until tortilla is crisp, cheese is browned and egg done as you like it. They come out of the muffin tins in one piece and freeze well. I keep a bunch in the freezer for after school snacks. They warm up okay in the microwave but they are a little crisper if you reheat in oven. .

Well, I read all the way through this and not one mention of the all-time BEST way to use eggs!

Shame on you people! LOL
Here's my own recipe and others I've tried. See if you can guess which is mine!

I always use a blender to pulverize all powdered ingredients before folding together.

Here you go: 4 Angelfood Cake recipes...

Easy cake flour directions:
For 1 cup Homemade Cake Flour: Add 2 tablespoons cornstarch to a 1 cup measuring cup. Fill the remaining space with all-purpose flour. Pour mixture into a small bowl and whisk to combine. Proceed with the recipe as instructed. Purchased cake flour is better if you can find it and it saves some time and work. These use anywhere from 8 to 18 egg whites, save the yolks for your girls or pound cakes!

18 egg whites
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 pinch salt
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup cake flour
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift cake flour and confectioners sugar together 5 times and set aside.
In a large clean bowl, whip egg whites with a pinch of salt until foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue beating until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar while beating, and continue to beat until very stiff. Add vanilla.
Quickly fold in flour mixture. Pour into a 10 inch tube pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.

1 cup cake flour
1 1/2 cups white sugar
12 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Be sure that your 10 inch tube pan is clean and dry. Any amount of oil or residue or yolks could deflate the egg whites. Sift together the flour, and 3/4 cup of the sugar, set aside.
In a large bowl, whip the egg whites along with the vanilla, cream of tartar and salt, to medium stiff peaks. Gradually add the remaining sugar while continuing to whip to stiff peaks. When the egg white mixture has reached its maximum volume, fold in the sifted ingredients gradually, one third at a time. Do not overmix! VERY IMPORTANT! Put the batter into the tube pan.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake springs back when touched. Balance the tube pan upside down on the top of a bottle, to prevent decompression while cooling. When cool, run a knife around the edge of the pan and invert onto a plate. Delicious in a simple bread pan as well!

1 cup sifted cake flour
1 cup egg whites
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/3 cup maraschino cherries, drained and sliced
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Make sure your 10 inch tube pan is clean and dry. Sift flour three times and set aside.
In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Blend in vanilla and almond extract. Fold the flour into the whites until no streaks remain. Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half of the cherries. Fill pan with remaining batter and top with remaining cherries.
Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Invert pan and allow to hang until cake cools.

1 1/4 cups cake flour
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups egg whites
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks, and then add cream of tartar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
Sift together flour, sugar, and salt. Repeat five times.
Gently combine the egg whites with the dry ingredients, and then pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
Place cake pan in a cold oven. Turn the oven on; set it to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Cook for about one hour, or until cake is golden brown.
Invert cake, and allow it to cool in the pan. When thoroughly cooled, remove from pan.

Any recipe should be monitored closely the first time around to check oven temperature, etc.
I hope this helps!
A perfect Angelfood Cake is hard sometimes, don't get discouraged!

PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
Oven 350 can be sugar free, dairy free and gluten free 25 min
6 eggs
1c Sugar
3c Brown sugar
1/2c PB I never measure & only use JIF
1c shortening
1tsp vanilla
4c Wheat flour or almond flour
1.5tsp baking powder
1.5tsp salt (enhances flavor)
.5c chopped nuts (if you want or just use chunky PB)
Add first 5 ingredients BLEND
Add last 3 ingredients STIR till smooth
Spread into 2 15x20 greased pans & sprinkle extra nuts if want
Cut into bars and wrap w plastic wrap
Can make up to 100 bard depending on how thin you want them to be.

Also some other ideas,
right after you collect them dunk in mineral oil and put in dark cooler area (cellar, canning area or basement) they stay good for months.
Donate to church, salvation army, food banks, shelters; sell at a market or small store (have to be labeled nutrition facts), family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom